• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody REALLY Bored? Need help with unit markings...

crazycasey

Hey guys, 1954 M211 Deuce and a Half, most likely out of California.

image.jpg
Front Bumper, Driver's side. 1, something, E, something, something, something...

image.jpg
Left Bumperette, but I think it's actually the right upside-down, so I flipped the image. TMP? Triangle, something, 7???

image.jpg
Right Bumperette, but again flipped and on the wrong side. Something, 6PG???

Remember, I asked if anybody was REALLY bored. That's all I've got. Don't mind fudging it a little bit, so long as it's "correct". Haha. Thanks!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I see on the left (originally) bumperette is HE BG (BG is brigade)(HE does not make sense). I wonder how the bumperettes got flipped and reversed? Can you do some more careful sanding? The lettering on passenger side front bumper would have matched the driver's side bumperette, and visa versa. Sometimes you can put the puzzle together that way.

Ray70

Right side looks like HEPG to me, if that would possibly stand for anything? Sometimes you can media blast steel and be able to read the image in the steel, but I don't think that will work in your case. It works very well where factory markings were put on bare steel with acid paint markers then painted over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks