• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody recognize this "Pickle" Forklift?

To anyone who didnt get a shirt sent out already, sorry but unfortunately I cant send out any more shirts due to the Post office only accepting letters of 13oz or less after the 3rd of feb. And while it is not the 3rd here yet, I am on duty at the Ice Runway, which is located about 14 miles from McMurdo Station, for the next 48 hours. So by the time I get back to McMurdo it will be the 4th and to late to mail any more packages.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are HERE! Thanks Adam! Was like an early "Easter" present! Santa comes from the other Pole anyway, right? LOL
SA-WEEET![thumbzup]

God bless,
Tony and Aly:D

Good glad to hear. Christmas will come early for us fireman down here. Our two brand new Pierce 6x6 tanker/pumpers are suppossed to be off loaded from the cargo vessel today! Cant wait to crawl all over them!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good glad to hear. Christmas will come early for us fireman down here. Our two brand new Pierce 6x6 tanker/pumpers are suppossed to be off loaded from the cargo vessel today! Cant wait to crawl all over them!
Remember....

nopics
We wanna see those new firetrucks!

BTW: What TIME ZONE does your LZ recognize? That close to the south pole when you travel east-west, you probably cross from one longitudinal Time Zone division to the other ever 50 miles or so.​

FYI those mattracks arent as good as I thought they would be, but the truck could be partially to blame to. They bog down real quick in soft snow and they dont take bumps nearly as well as I thought they would. The steering is a PITA to at low speeds, you have to be moving to turn. The Grip-Trac's work alot better, higher ground clearance, heavier duty, dont bog down in the snow, just as hard to turn and just as bad on the bumps.

fireman5199

I stumbled on a video on youtube of a F-150 down there on fire with the Mattracks. Said the tranny overheated. I guess there is some chance of catchng a job. BTW like the new rides. Just needs something on the front...Q maybe?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=131GiOXkp90[/media]

Yeah weve had some trouble with them overheating, I think alot is because of the dreaded Ford/international 6.0 diesel thats in them. Sometimes when its really cold they barely wanna move because the tranny fluid just wont circulate, and if you floor it it wont move at all. They do have block heaters but I think they need tranny heaters too. I think if it were a 7.3 with a manual tranny wed be having almost zero problems.

Last edited:

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ford auto trans suck. I like my 6.0 w/ 6 speed manual. With the block heater, oil pan heater, cab heater, and batt trickle charger winter is no problem...my electric bill on the other hand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks