• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody recognize this "Pickle" Forklift?

snowtrac nome

FYI those mattracks arent as good as I thought they would be, but the truck could be partially to blame to. They bog down real quick in soft snow and they dont take bumps nearly as well as I thought they would. The steering is a PITA to at low speeds, you have to be moving to turn. The Grip-Trac's work alot better, higher ground clearance, heavier duty, dont bog down in the snow, just as hard to turn and just as bad on the bumps.
Matttracks can enhance mobility of a rig but they are no substitute fro a snow cat especially when you are loaded heavy. there is no substitute for footprint

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody that has a pickle forklift with the 4BT upgrade, be advised the fuel solenoid is 12 volts, I put 24 to it and nearly caught the thing on fire when the solenoid and harness burned up.

EDIT: BAD INFO above, the solenoid is 24 volts, stupid me jumped the pull in wire to constant volts, this is only for momentary use, the hold coil holds the solenoid once the pull in coil has pulled in.

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

Anybody that has a pickle forklift with the 4BT upgrade, be advised the fuel solenoid is 12 volts, I put 24 to it and nearly caught the thing on fire when the solenoid and harness burned up.
That's good to know I want one of those bad out at my homestead the cummins conversion would be desirable. Those are handy little machines and they work well in dirt lots

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A camera in front of the forks on the mast is handy. cause you really cant see where the forks are at when its on the ground really

Pop Alexandra

I had no idea.
Thanks for sharing... it should save people some awful experiences.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks