• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody seen my old M817?

Mark2X2

I was in Heilbron Germany 1984-1986 with A co 237th Engineers. My truck was A206, a M817, it had some unique features. Before I started driving it the cab shield was crushed down and replaced with a shield from a M929. So it stuck up above the cab by 16", I installed a extra OVM box above the stock box behind the cab, hard top, and painted the dash black.
I heard the whole battalion was shut down late 80's or early 90's. So who knows where the truck wound up. I know this is a long shot! I was just currious what ever happened to it. Doubt if they would haul trucks back to the US, but just in case.

SORRY no pics, don't have a way of scanning my old 35mm pics do digital

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's pretty neat, Mark. There are a few members on here that have access to old records. Do you have any pics of the data plate? Maybe one of them will chime in if you have some numbers to go off of. If you have 35mm prints, you can always take them to a photo center and they can scan the negatives onto a CD for you. If you just have the prints, you can scan them in with a flatbed scanner and save them too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks