• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody use a 101 to haul a 4-wheeler?

koolex11

A couple of people have asked me about tilting the trailer and riding a quad up onto the bed. It is pretty clear that with the A1 or A2 the quad can't roll between the wheel wells.

So I am asking anyone who has DONE this, meaning who has actually put a 4-wheeler in the back of the A1/A2 to let me know how well it works, whether it is trouble-free, and any tricks to loading.

Thanks!

KsM715

It would be a 2 person job. One on the quad and one in the towing vehicle. Since you have to lock the trailer brakes and back up the towing vehicle to get it to "tilt" (which its not designed to do) you would have to have someone in the vehicle to let it roll forwards to alow the trailer to settle back down.

Edit: if the quad wont fit between the wheel wells, it would be tricky trying to ride it up and over the wells with out flipping over backwards.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive my 450 Yamaha Kodiak into my M101A2
Just lift the tongue up, drive the quad up onto the tailgate,
run the winch cable up over the front rail and drive it up.
get off and lower the tongue.

Unloading is easy, just grab on the back and pull real fast, plop, onto the ground.

your results may vary

KsM715

Hmmmmmmmmm Guess I never thought of trying to flip it when empty to see if it would stay down on its own.

Maybe it would work.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why tilt it at all, I drive a Big Bear 350 on mine when backed up to a hill. Drive on/Drive off.

x-ray

Yes - But not in trailer "dump" mode, but with ramps from Tractor Supply. Works OK like getting into a pick up bed.

A 12 volt winch or come-along helps.

koolex11

Yes - But not in trailer "dump" mode, but with ramps from Tractor Supply. Works OK like getting into a pick up bed.

A 12 volt winch or come-along helps.
Yeah I had a feeling that a chain would be involved. Having the trailer flat would make it easier to get up and over the wheel wells.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks