• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody with a 4 door deuce??

fireman9

Click the link-- What We’ve Done

A close friend down the road from me has built several of them. Kinda cool, But really fun with the top off at a drive in movie. I still bad for the couple in car behind us, but I don't think they were there for the movie.:oops:

Last edited:

ivbeenrokd

Thanks for the info so far guys.

Hi John,
If you're looking to build a four door truck I have a good cab tub for sale in North GA for $350.
Joe
Joe,

Thanks for letting me know about the cab. That may be something I'm interested in.

Anybody that's done one have any input as too how difficult and time consuming this is?

Thanks

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is at lwast one in Dallas. It drove right past the armory last Saturday. 2-axles, 4 doors, M105 bed.
see the thread FESS UP. No one has yet. I would hate to think it is a lcathouse limo or something..

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a guy in London Kentucky who has one, and I think he had it done by a friend of his, looks VERY professional, and according to him, its not real difficult at all if you have some simple sheet metal and bodywork skills. He had to shorten the cargo bed, and trim in the second cab tub just right. I'll see about finding his name and address or phone number, but I'm pretty sure its James Wittacker, and he's a school teacher in London, Ky. Has quite a bit of spare parts for alot of different things as well. Nice guy to deal with, likes M-37's as well.

fireman9

It is fairly easy but time consuming. The one in the link I posted was done buy my friend. Yup you need to cut the cab carefully and widen the floor as the front of the cab is narrower then the rear. I'd have him post some photos but his visiting Afghanistan at the moment courteously of Uncle Sam. He hopefully will be home next month for a few days.:-D

Orionspath

Omg!

Previous posted pics from SS and the net.
I got this infection about 20 years ago (OD in color) and I constantly need to remind my wife that she said it all in front of friends, family and God, " through sickness and in health".....(you know the story).

Now that I am heading to the mountains to change the oil and smell the canvas and diesel, I have been infected anew with the thoughts of a "Crew Cab" Duece. My plans might include a "sleeper version"..........

I really liked the 5ton versions better though....

Nice post Guys....I'll let you know how that secret keeps! Ha!!

ivbeenrokd

Thanks for all of the post guys! This isn't something I intend to start immediately, but would like to do in the possibly near to mid future. My main reason is for family hauling. We have a 21 month old and my wife is pregnant with #2.

Chinookpilot77

I am currently making my deuce a 4 door. I'd never done anything like it before, and the cab itself was a cinch. The big issue, as I see it, will be the top. I think I will take that to a body shop and have them stretch it for me. It'd probably be pretty easy with a slip roller, but I dont have one or even access to one.

Honestly, I think the cab was much easier than the bob job.

om617

I recognize that four door deuce as it is mine. What a surprise to see! It was a fun project but i would use a 105 bed next time around. I've put 8K miles on it since the spring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks