• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone add a tachometer to the m1009 or m1008 ?

bassplayer88

Just wondering if anyone has added a tach to their m1008 or m1009 . If so what model and how much hassle was involved .. thanks

mangus580

bass.... this comes up from time to time. There are companies out there, that make a tach which reads off the alternator. They arent cheap :-( but if you look around the major guage company websites, you should be able to locate something.

There is a signal for engine RPM available since the STE/ICE test set will display engine speed when connected to the test plug under the dash. You just have to figure out where it is (should be easy if you go to the schematics in the manuals) and then find a meter that is capable of displaying it.

mangus580

finding it is the easy part. I did start a discussion a while back about what it might actually be. From what I can tell, it seems to come from the alternator. But as far as what migh work on it, is beyond me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks