• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone along the East Coast without power right now?

Guyfang

Staff member
Guyfang in the "803a fuel level adjustment" thread, post # 43 this is what you advised me " When you tested the aux fuel pump, what position was the FL-1 and FL-2? If they were in the low/no fuel position, then the aux wont turn off."
Now I get it. Would have answered right away, but had to go to bed. What I ment was if you are running on aux, and the set runs out of fuel, the FL1 float will cut the gen set engine off, but it will not cut off the power to the aux pump. That was the first thing we would hear when we went out to check a set that ran dry. Electrical fuel pump.

dav5

Thanks Guyfang. I misread it. I thought it meant if the aux pump was switched on when fuel was low it would overflow the tank. I filled the tank turned on the aux pump and it shut off before it overflowed but at the same time I also lowered the upper Cclip on the sensor because it was up on the 90 degree bend. I think that is what actually solved the problem. You are the best.
Ted

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks