• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone building a Gun Truck based on current conflicts

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There a couple people that have indicated they were trying to gather up the parts to create a more modern gun truck. Iron Horse is one example that I’ve seen pictures of and used as a model for creating said truck. You might try reading James Lyle’s Hard Ride series.

DanJ

The reason I was asking is I have what I believe is a full Hunter box setup with ballistic armor, gun mounts and ballistic glass. Was hoping maybe someone had one built I could see the inside of or just some better pictures. From digging1280px-Gun_Truck.jpg around online it looks like they built around a 100 of these kits.

DanJ

I would like to see the inside because the kit I have has 6 gun mounts but I have not seen any pictures with that many. I wounder if they all had that many so they could reposition the guns as needed.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to see the inside because the kit I have has 6 gun mounts but I have not seen any pictures with that many. I wounder if they all had that many so they could reposition the guns as needed.
I got these from Lawrence Livermore Labs website. The most I’ve seen on older trucks was only limited by the crew’s ingenuity and available resources. It appears there are four guns per truck in the two truck photo.

Attachments

beerthirty

Rolled around in one in 07-08 to deliver supplies to a nearby IP/IA area. Typically we would mount 4 crew serve weapons. 1 on each side midway in, 1 on rear, and 1 on the front only if it was lead vehicle. No idea on the kits, ours was built by a air force maintenance crew and was not a kit built product. I'll see if I have photos of it.

DanJ

Rolled around in one in 07-08 to deliver supplies to a nearby IP/IA area. Typically we would mount 4 crew serve weapons. 1 on each side midway in, 1 on rear, and 1 on the front only if it was lead vehicle. No idea on the kits, ours was built by a air force maintenance crew and was not a kit built product. I'll see if I have photos of it.
The kit I have has 8 mounts, if it was setup using all that is some fire power. It is the same kit in the above pictures but 3 color.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks