• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone else own the same vehicle they had in the military.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Was curious, does anyone else on here own a vehicle that use to belong to them in the Army or was part of their unit?

Right now I think I'm the only one that can claim the deuce I have (that I bought from ecostruction who bought it from GL) is the same truck that was hand receipted to me in the Army.

Anyone else??

Bragging rights I guess.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
The wife hates the 4 trucks in my yard, I can only inagime what she wuld say if my ship,
AS-31 USS HUNLEY, was now in my yard am I am its new owner.. Cranac, I think you may have the monopoly on this one...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not me, but one of the other guys at the Museum was assigned to the unit that my truck came from at Los Alamitos.

frodobaggins

My old units trucks I used sold last year, when I didn't have any money.

I almost ended up with a sister units dumps though, but they went to high for me.

datsunaholic

I tried to buy one of the Personnel boats off my ship when it went on a DRMS auction, but sold for too much.

The trucks that were in my Navy unit either are still in use or got sold down in Cali since my unit disbanded and was transferred over to Active. I have seen a few NCW Group 1 trucks go up, but I didn't recognize ours in the bunch. I'd love to get my hands on our old MCV (Mobile Command Vehicle, a 1966 M109A3) but that ain't happening.

DKELONE

When the mvpa convoy went thru rochelle, il there was a veteran driving a tank retriever tractor that he had been the assigned driver on while in the military. I do not remember the m#(maybe m928???) but it was a monster of a truck with a pair of 40 or 50 ton winches mounted behind the cab. If i remember the story 5 of these trucks sold to a contractor in the chicago area and the vet had helped the owner get them into servicable condition and had trained drivers. The contractor later left the truck to the vet in his estate. This is from memory and if i distorted the story, sorry.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still have the vehicle I used to transport paperwork from battalion HQ to base HQ back in the early 80's! It was green then and has since been restored.

Since we didn't have the budget for the duty driver w/ M151 at HQ. My '70 Monte Carlo regularly sat in the duty driver spot in front of HQ, except for that daily cruise around Camp LeJuenne.....ahh I mean that daily trip to base HQ with paperwork. :wink:

Can't seem to find a pic from back then on this pc.

Attachments

Chief_919

I may soon. I am watching a few trucks we turned in to DRMO in the last few months to see when they come up for sale. From my hand reciept to a title in my name.

Carter

I have the M37 I used to use when I was the small arms advisor to the 29th. Inf. Division's 58 Bregade. It was mostly stripped and I restored it to factory class condition over many years in very part-time work using several donor trucks I was given to save them from the scrapper, I made one out of three.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wife hates the 4 trucks in my yard, I can only inagime what she wuld say if my ship,
AS-31 USS HUNLEY, was now in my yard am I am its new owner.. Cranac, I think you may have the monopoly on this one...

Then imagine my problem in my avatar.

;-)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My friend (he's not online at all) has the deuce he drove in Vietnam. He's fixed it up good, not restored though, still uses it on his farm.

deuceman51

I just bought my old deuce back from my guard unit. It is the exact same truck that I am standing with in my avitar picture. 109th EN GP 153E A-82. This was actually the very first deuce that I ever drove and I can't believe that I got it. Actually going to pick it up tomorrow and drive it home.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then imagine my problem in my avatar.

;-)
I believe I've got you trumped with an even bigger parking problem -- Mine held 20,000 people BEFORE they built the big black addition in the foreground.

National Security Agency - Ft. George G. Meade, Maryland...

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I owned a truck I might have rode in the back of. But then again, all deuces look the same from the Private's seat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks