• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone else own the same vehicle they had in the military.

Unfortunately, the submarine I was on didn't have any trucks assigned to it. By the time my submarine was decommissioned and the reactor compartment cut out, with the hull welded back together, it was in Washington state, and I couldn't afford the shipping costs.

820jeep

Well if the EUC problem ever gets fixed and my EUC clears, I have a M-35A2 from my old NG unit ( before I was with the Seabees) waiting for me in San Antonio. The 49 AD was disbanded and regrouped as part of the 36 inf., so it has 36 markings on it now. I am going to put my old unit markings back on it ( B Co. 949 FSB ).

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Excellent. I really like the look of your CUCV in the avitar. My old CUCV was like that one and I hope to redo my current one to look like that.

croftonaviation

The wife hates the 4 trucks in my yard, I can only inagime what she wuld say if my ship,
AS-31 USS HUNLEY, was now in my yard am I am its new owner.. Cranac, I think you may have the monopoly on this one...
Thats cool you were on the hunley. My dad was a engineer in the army and worked with the Hunley during the cleanup from hurricane andrew. He said the crew was real good to work with.

Thats cool you were on the hunley. My dad was a engineer in the army and worked with the Hunley during the cleanup from hurricane andrew. He said the crew was real good to work with.
I only spent about 15 minutes on the Hunley in Holy Loch, taking the trash off my sub to the garbage moored on the other side of the ship. USS Atlanta, SSN-712.

820jeep

Excellent. I really like the look of your CUCV in the avitar. My old CUCV was like that one and I hope to redo my current one to look like that.
Thanks. It came out of service in Florida about 10 years ago. It was with USCENCOM and was used by the Security Detail to guard Gen. Stormin Normin in Desert Storm. The trailer in the photo is an old Gen. trailer (416 size) with my Yamaha Moto 4 that was also used in DS. The photo was taken at an open house at JRB Fort Worth. :-D

SMOKEWAGON66

sadly no...ive been assigned so many different trucks but have never seen them again after i left. the last truck i was assigned was too new to the army to get rid of..it was a 2003 frieghtliner...and i think all the deuces i drove in AK ended up on the Jarvis Bombing Range behind Eilson AFB...

SMOKEWAGON66

My truck,an M35A2 was in a unit the 172d which was next door to us in Fort Ricardson, Alaska. (19th Aviation Battalion) DeHavilland U1-A "Otters" and U21-A Beechcraft "Utes" Close enough I guess!
what unit in the 172nd? if it was from the support Bn, was it Delta company? that was a sister company of ours...i was stationed in Ft. Wainwright in Aco 172nd Spt Bn

lonegunman

There are a couple of A2's from ym old unit waiting to be sold, I'm going to bid on one of them whenever they finally decide to part with them. I actually found a guy here with a truck from my unit so I wasted an email telling him. He seemed more upset than happy to hear it? go figure.

I ended up with an M35A3 because I liked them, we borrowed a few from the Army for a fire season and they ran great. Oddly, the CTIS system works like crap on mine and it didn't work at all on the four trucks we borrowed. Lowest bidder wins again.

bansil

Saddams nightmare is wearing the bumper numbers of the deuce I drove to get my license while at Bliss in 89 and then drove some while in desertstorm.altho I can't remeber the name....our col was very tight about names,it had to start with units letter ie: me tank was "lumberjack" from a incedent at fort hunterliget(sp)...that broke alot of crap.42mph into a tree with tube over the side(tracking a "T72") broke gearbox and trashed bore evacuator and the trunnion bearings.....oops off my soapbox

3dAngus

I wouldn't want the deuce we had in Vietnam.

I can do better. And I'd rather have an A3. They weren't around back in those days.

But I have to admit, if I could find, and prove it, the same deuce I had in Vietnam, I'd pay the price.

It would be unreasonable to expect such things, thus the lack of desire. Carnac, I do congratulate you for the find though. Remarkable.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks