• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever found this in your radiator????

rbeasley66

My heater core was leaking when I got my ten09. Upon inspecting my radiator, it had mounds of white sand like material around each tube. Took it out to have out cleaned and was told it was bad as there was white sand like on the outside tubes as well where it was leaking. Ordered an aluminum radiator and installed a new heater core.

That's when I learned about electrolysis corrosion. Doing some research I found you get it hot, put your - voltage test meter wire on the negative battery terminal and the + into the colorant. Info said .03 volts was bad, mine was .08 volts. I flushed and cleaned the system, added orange anti-freeze and grounded my radiator at the low fluid sensor.

It seems to be a common problem when the anti-freeze is not serviced as required.
Good luck [thumbzup]

Last edited:

ryan77

Looks like the same stuff i flush out of water heater a white like pasty substance! Its from using tap water, the minerals and lime turn into that white sludge.....

Worst Case Napa Sells a Replacement radiator 2098 $415 + tax i made the decision to replace my radiator (THANKS to Doghead and Warthog :]) after i found it was leaking in about 5 diffrent places and i saw some something close to that in my radiator so i flushed and burped my system new thermostat and new water pump im satisfied as a Hog in mud eating slop :mrgreen:

ODdave

Electrolysis corrosion of the aluminum on your engine. Thats what it ate off. I would flush it very well and get a good DIESEL coolant. Something with an anti-cavitant substance in it. It will help seal the metals.