• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever get their hands on a Fischer Panda SST10?

Glockfan

Just wondering if any of the tunnel gensets made by Panda Defense (German) have made it out of the supply chain yet? If you have any experience with them, please let me know. I am contemplating buying one... Pics for reference.

IMG_0374.jpgIMG_0375.jpg

mtn man

I saw two sst18 sets paired up on trailer at a recent city municipal auction... one ran one didn't. On a nice trailer too. Auction sold, but then saw them listed for a decent price in local Craig's list... were sold when I called. That was the first panda I have seen but I'm sure there have been others. I think the do three phase so you can get 208 pulled from them.

Just stopped in to reply. Have to get back to working on a mep-002 that won't start I just picked up.... searching for advice on worlds best OD iron forum there is.

Guyfang

Staff member
I saw two sst18 sets paired up on trailer at a recent city municipal auction... one ran one didn't. On a nice trailer too. Auction sold, but then saw them listed for a decent price in local Craig's list... were sold when I called. That was the first panda I have seen but I'm sure there have been others. I think the do three phase so you can get 208 pulled from them.
So what thread did you post for your MEP-002?
Just stopped in to reply. Have to get back to working on a mep-002 that won't start I just picked up.... searching for advice on worlds best OD iron forum there is.

mtn man

havent posted one for it quite yet... I guess I didn't want to post another "picked up a mep-002 that has been sitting for years and now won't start" thread... but that's what I have. At least I have my old one to compare the new one to to make sure things are right. It was a volunteer fire depts and they didn't use ever I don't think and it was given to them years ago. Been doing some reading on here since I haven't been down this road.

So so here's the story... Fuel is clean and good all the way to the IP now... but that's where it stops best I can tell. Took the cover off and the 12pt bolt to clean it and tapped the plunger. It's moving but still no fuel to the lines. Shut off solenoid not cycling either... got it pulled back and I did bypass oil sensor as it builds pressure on starting attempts. One glow plug tab was broke off fixed that and they are working along with preheaters now.aua

jamawieb

Start a new thread so we can help but if you decide not to, we've been discussing this topic on another thread Mep002/3 fuel pump question. But sounds like the plunger guide is broken since you have the plunger moving and no fuel. The guide keeps the plunger in place and if the guide is broken, it will let the plunger rotate, not letting fuel pass. You have to take the pump off and disassemble, to get to the guide.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks