• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever put a m37 on a chevy chassis

Looking to see if anybody ever put a chevy 350 in a m37 with a automatic trans... I don't like the 318/360... Always been a fan of the 350... Would i be better off to set the body on a chevy 4x4 chassis.I can get a 1986 blazer frame and running gear...The m37 has no engine or trans now

Anything is possible I suppose. It depends on how deep your pockets are and how much of the work you can do yourself. I've never seen anyone who wanted to go to that much trouble though. I've never seen or heard of a true M37 repowered by a GM V-8 and auto trans.Mind they could use some more power as the original engine was a flathead 6 created in the 1930s. Failed connecting rods were not unknown because of the long stroke and the tall gears.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks