• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever recover a BOH FPU?

bigfishtoys

When I pulled mine, I only had to cage the rear axle of the trailer.
The pic of the frt that you posted, doesn't need to be caged.
that makes sense. thank you for the clarification. if there's a link handy for the TM, feel free to share and i'll read up more. thanks again guys.

rustystud

I don't think so. Here's a close up picture i found online to try to illustrate. there's no plug to remove to put a cage bolt into, and there's no cage bolt. There's just the large allen wrench style eye to turn where the plug should be. View attachment 540950
persons have commented how they've caged the brakes on M989A1s, so would like to ask those persons, what tool did you use?
That is a apply only brake chamber. Doesn't need caging. The "Maxi-Cans" have two chambers with two separate pistons. There is a large spring in one that must be caged (air pressure keeps the spring caged normally).

bigfishtoys

Curiosity compels me to ask why you caged the brakes?
so i could tow the trailer around the yard with a truck that didn't have air hookup. Needed release the rear axle to do so. yes, confirmed only the rear axle needed caging. Worked fine then. thanks again for everyone's help.