• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever seen the 5 ton with a double side slide out box on the back?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a M934 and it drove nice, the ride was great due to the long wheel base and the weight of the truck. I think it was around 30,000 lbs.
The problem was putting the sides out, it was a pain by your self or just with two people. To make a camper out of it all the mounted things inside had to be in the middle due to the way the floor and the ceiling work. But once out it made a big area inside, like 240 sqft.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that it's of interest but there was a deuce with the same body. It was the M292 with many variants including an A5 with a lift gate.

Csm Davis

Also a trailer version that could be had with soft sides, hard sides, or fold out sides like the trucks above. The bat wing style is generally a machine shop and can be had on a trailer also.

sent from my decrepit fingers

DukeNukem

I had a M934 and it drove nice, the ride was great due to the long wheel base and the weight of the truck. I think it was around 30,000 lbs.
The problem was putting the sides out, it was a pain by your self or just with two people. To make a camper out of it all the mounted things inside had to be in the middle due to the way the floor and the ceiling work. But once out it made a big area inside, like 240 sqft.
Cool!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ive got a 934 expandable van unit mounted on a trailer that needs a home! Makes it so the truck isn't such a slug and you can use it for other things instead of the box being on it all the time. My 5 ton pulled it like it wasn't even back there despite the tounge weight.

You also can opt for a 927 bed as well. This unit just slides right off. Some industrial skates and a sturdy setup you could slide the box onto it when not needing it and slide the bed onto it. Just put a winch in the spare tire area. We green disease do it yourself home engineers on steel soldiers can dang near make anything :doghead:[thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

Gunzy

FYI, there is also the extremely rare M935 variant that has a liftgate, but good luck finding one. I have never seen one but they are listed in the TMs.

M934A2

I just recently purchased a 934a2 and drove it 2200 miles home. Truck drives beautifully and handles well. Little slower than some of the others but it's also heavier. i think towing heavy would make it a slow pig but it would do it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just recently purchased a 934a2 and drove it 2200 miles home. Truck drives beautifully and handles well. Little slower than some of the others but it's also heavier. i think towing heavy would make it a slow pig but it would do it.
My A1 when it had the box on it was just slow as could be. Fred flinstoning it would have gained some speed. I mean it is a 9400lb box. After i put the box on the trailer it tows behind my 923 easily.
uploadfromtaptalk1464444695240.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

M934A2

My A1 when it had the box on it was just slow as could be. Fred flinstoning it would have gained some speed. I mean it is a 9400lb box. After i put the box on the trailer it tows behind my 923 easily.
View attachment 625250

I have never drove a A1 truck so I can't compare them but have drove multiple A2's and I don't feel that there is much of a difference. My friend who went with me on my trip has a 931a2 and said he could hardly notice a difference. I'm rather impressed by it so far.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The plan b people have alot of them. Memphis equipment has an order to outfit 30 934s for someone. They had a whole lot full of em yesterday when i was by there.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took this screen shot from the video. I haven't been around the Cummins 8.3Ls enough to say that's what it is just by looking at it, so maybe it is a Cat engine. Is the caption correct though?

I ask because I know there weren't any stock form M939 multifuels and I've never heard of Cat making multifuels either. Just a curiosity really.

Screenshot_2016-05-28-16-41-13.jpg

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took this screen shot from the video. I haven't been around the Cummins 8.3Ls enough to say that's what it is just by looking at it, so maybe it is a Cat engine. Is the caption correct though?

I ask because I know there weren't any stock form M939 multifuels and I've never heard of Cat making multifuels either. Just a curiosity really.

View attachment 625266

It's just a normal Cummins 6CTA. Everything thing they listed (except gasoline) is suitable for combustion in a diesel engine to some degree, calling it a multifuel would be the same as calling your average a car a multifuel since it can run off 87, 89, and 92 octane gasoline. This type of embellishment or ignorance is just shameful in my opinion. I know where those van trucks came from and what they put into them. At the price they're asking they should at least know what the product name is. All I can do is... *sigh*

TMmlKMJ.gif