• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever stripped the finish off an 1101/2?

tobyS

I look at metal materials as a bank account. I'm still using heavy angle, extremely heavy angle and I beams from buying a bridge that was taken down and stored by our county... 90 tons.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have no excuse not to have a shop!!! It might be an unconventional design, but it wouldn’t blow away!

Even cash flow wouldn’t stop me at that point. “Uh, mr banker, I’d like to finance my slab over 30 years please”.

Kidding of course. But, that was quite a score on the steel. Or was it a steal? :)

Last edited:

tobyS

Had to outbid a scrap company on the bridge steel....still made money as a lot got made to 2' and the price was $330/ton for the scrap at the time. I'm eyeing some beams from it for a mod to the M322 trailer.

I used the money from selling my shop to buy 43 acres. Not willing to sell any land now to get the shop, in fact want the 10 acres to the north of me. So kinda in a catch 22.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks