• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever submit a claim to GL?

halftrack

For anyone wondering about Bruce's claim, I was the one there picking up my truck when I notice NG personnel robbing parts off of so called "turned in trucks" that were not to be touched. The pictures below clearly show the stripping of parts form trucks (he is underneath the truck in one picture). I had just removed my M936A2 that was sitting on the left side of the truck in the picture just 5 minutes prior to the NG guy stopping at this truck to rob parts. If I haven't of moved my truck, what would of stopped them from choosing my truck for a parts source?

Also, the GL rep that was there had a crappy attitude. She insisted that it was my responsibility to remove the truck. I explained to her it was impossible unless she wanted me to remove about 6 trucks that did not belong to me in order to make the truck accessible for a wrecker because it was pinched in. Then she finally agreed to move the truck in a "loadable spot" but it was still my responsibility to push it on the lowboy. After talking to the NG forklift driver he ended up just pulling the truck out and pushing it on the trailer. It took a whole ten minutes. The gl rep was an !@#$ head.

Also included are pictures of Bruce's truck before and after. The before pictures were taken directly for GL's website and the after pictures were taken while I was at the lot picking up my truck.

This is down right criminal. I could understand if that part was needed right now for a truck in IRAQ or men's lives depended on that one part, but that is not the case. They were simply taking parts to put on the shelves in the warehouse next door.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, that about sums it up. I am SOL because GL cannot assess the value of the parts that were taken. How about start by waiving the bidder's fee?!?! How about meeting me halfway on my suggested resolution of $1,300?!?! One of my favorite parts was when they left my hood up exposing open holes on the motor to rain. Thanks, that is just what I need...a frozen 6CTA motor...almost impossible to find surplus. Man, the least you can do after raping my wife is have the common courteousy to shut the front door.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder what else will be gone by the time I get it home. I have been "assured" that the raping and pilfering has been stopped, but who knows and for how long will it last.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suggest that everyone think twice about bidding in Montgomery, AL. By the way, this type of theft is not specific to Montgomery as someone else told me some parts were taken off a truck that came out of Indiana. I am sure this is happening every where. I said it before and I feel I need to say it again, do you think it might affect GL's business if they advertised that they cannot guarantee that everything that was there when you bid on the truck will be there when you retrieve it?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What can she say...that she is looking into it? ...that we should report when parts are taken off of trucks so they can stop this? GL is doing nothing to compensate bidders for such losses except allowing you to back out of your bid. Robyn is trying her best, I know that. The problem is there are too few "Robyns" at GL. She would need to get the ear of a higher-up executive to tell them what is happening and how this is impacting their bottom line because they are losing customers. For every good long-time customer like myself that they lose, I am being replaced by 10 newbies who have no idea about these problems and might not even care...they just want to get their one cream puff. They'll care when they go only to find that parts were removed from their truck.

scooter01922

Sorry to hear of your troubles bruce. That kind of thing is just criminal IMO. No one other than GL could ever possibly get away with stuff on this kind of scale. At least not without a bunch of lawsuits. Hopeing your engine is OK, best of luck.
Scott

papercu

claim

No one other than GL could ever possibly get away with stuff on this kind
Well it's nothing new.I remember a thread when I first join this list about a member picking up a Forestry truck (Deuce) from a GSA sale. When he got there truck was in bad shape, rotten brake line, parts missing and so forth. He told of the guys there "allowing" him to take parts off of other trucks to get him going. Wayne

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He Bruce, which installation did this happen at? I will be picking up a couple of mine at Drexel Gardens in the morning, and am hoping for the best!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was bidding hard on a couple of 925A2's there. Now I'm glad I didn't win them. I'd be in the same boat with Bruce. Sorry buddy.

Jason, did any of the GL trucks have obvious GL markings on them? I know most of the trucks I have purchased have had the sale/lot numbers written on the truck somewhere, the little preview stickers on them, and some even had sheets of red paper with the sale/lot duct-taped to the window. There was no mistaking that my trucks were auction trucks. From the GL pictures of those trucks in AL, it doesn't look they had any GL markings. The only markings were the turn-in numbers. I think GL really dropped the ball by not separating the trucks from the cannibalization yard and by not clearly marking the trucks. They really need to assume some ownership of the problem here and not just say "take it or leave it."

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to beat a dead horse, but I thought that one of the stipulations of GL advertising on Steel Soldiers in the upper-left-hand corner of the webpage was that they were going to ACTIVELY PROVIDE a person who would be here on a regular basis, to address problems a bit more than just "looking into it". Perhaps they either need to re-evaluate their customer service to US, or we need to re-evaluate our need to advertise THEM.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like how you start the post with not beating the dead horse and then you proceed to beat it! This is not the time or the place to debate whether or not GL should remain a SS advertiser. Just because they advertise here does mean that we, the site management, slant one way or the other concerning their dealings. As you can see from my post, I am not afraid to speak out against some of our bread & butter advertisers. GL knew going into this deal that we would not pull any punches about any misdoings or restrict other members from posting about such things. They do maintain a presence here via Robyn. Just because she hasn't posted anything doesn't mean that she isn't helping out behind the scenes. Please keep your presumptions to yourself.

audior1

GL claims seem to be a waste of time??

Anyone had problems with GL alledging non-payment and charging a 30% extra fee for reinstatement for the right to reschedule to pay them when in fact they never submitted a charge in the first place? I'm going through that right now. I'm getting a strong impression it's a scam to get another $680.00 for the right to pay them more money. My Mastercard Account does not show any attempts by them to get payment yet they have suspended my account even when I said I'd wire the funds direct. I requested a review by a compamy exec. and got a blank e-mail denial from an unknown exec. I have a second event in EUC and I'll bet they cancel that one too and demand a separate 30% fee to reinstate . My next stop is Arizona Attorney General's Office and BBB and DOD Comptroller's Office. I'm a DOD contractor and never had a problem like this when dealing direct with GSA or DOD.

USMilitarySurplus

RE: GL claims seem to be a waste of time??

I hope no one has had problems like that. You can PM me the info and I'll make an inquiry. But you may also want to contact Customer Service by sending an email to info at govliquidation dot com and put Attn: Management. HTH

Michael

RE: GL claims seem to be a waste of time??

I have just now made the connection that your truck was at Montgomery, I guess I read the first few posts, then missed the one that gave the location. In case you missed my post, it is here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25257&highlight=

This is an unmanned site. The GL rep drives in from out of town, I think she said she hired on to run the scrap business for GL at Anniston and then was promoted to her current job for which she is new. Hopefully she is not a sign of things to come. They depend on the NG to move stuff around, but the fenced in yard was full when I was there. I guess the troops there weren't use to the trucks not being moved when they were no longer suppose to be scavenged.

I am afraid that what happened to Bruce will become more common since GL seems to be utilizing National Guard units across the country to store trucks off of the major bases. I think this is part of the new contract that GL just won.

audior1

GL claim

I have faxed GL twice with all supporting documents including my Mastercard account sheet for the time period GL said the charges were tried. called them 4 times. All this was ignored . Just a demand for $680.00 "default fee" in order to be reinstated before they'd even consider accepting my request for conclusion of the event and to make a payment. This $680.00 is on top of the 10% buyers premuim and original auction price. I was told by "Heather", one of the phone reps it was my reponsibility to make sure the charges were posted correctly. Right! Like I have access to Mastercard's computers or GL's. GL did not even notify me that there was a problem until I tried to get online on their Website and was blocked from accessing my own infromation. GL's sytem of notification and customer service is just plain bad at best and predatory at worst. I gave them my Fax, phone and e-mail,Drivers license, 2 credit card numbers, company store addresses, Social Security and FED ID numbers and GL did nothing to notify me. Just the demand for more money. Sounds like a scam to me. I'm putting a hold on my Bank accounts and freezing the cards before the horse get's out of the barn!
I have a 98% Ebay rating with over 80 heavy equipment transactions and never have had a scam like this pulled. If GL is on the level how come their execs don't sign off on their e-mails, answer the phone, or even offer to accept alternative methods of payment?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks