• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever used a second trailer body for a "topper"?

Chief_919

I was talking to a buddy of mine today about putting my welder on a trailer. Ideally I want a pioneer trailer for it, but I haven't had any luck finding one lately.

He came up with the idea of flipping a second M101 trailer body over and putting it on the top of the first one, like a camper shell. Then the tailgates would open up and down, and could be locked closed. This way I could lock the welder, leads and tools up.

Has anyone ever tried this? If I don't find a pioneer trailer soon, I may do this as I always seem to have 2 or 4 M101's around.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the only problem I see is getting to the welder to service, and hard to get stuff as it moves to the front

Srjeeper

That's going to be one heavy trailer till you get everything in it.

If that's the type trailer you'd like to use. Why not just use the trailer with the side racks, bows and cover? Roll up the sides or back to get air to cool the welder plus it would be hundreds of pounds lighter for pulling around.

2cents

Chief_919

That's going to be one heavy trailer till you get everything in it.

If that's the type trailer you'd like to use. Why not just use the trailer with the side racks, bows and cover? Roll up the sides or back to get air to cool the welder plus it would be hundreds of pounds lighter for pulling around.

2cents
I need to be able to lock it- welding leads and tools are too inviting for thieves to leave under canvas.

Srjeeper

I need to be able to lock it- welding leads and tools are too inviting for thieves to leave under canvas.

Times they are a changin...:cookoo:

On my rig the welder, leads, tourches & tanks were all in the open on the back. The only things I locked up were hand tools & grinders. Never left it sit anywhere I didn't feel comfortable, many looked, but none ever touched.

Good luck with your rig..[thumbzup]

mslogr

How about putting expanded metal on the inside of your bows. You could fix a lockable top tailgate, and still cover with the canvas. I can tell you from experience that your gonna need some ventilation to keep the welder cool.