• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone get an M911?

rwbrown72

I thought about bidding until..... I checked on plates and insurance. WOW, this thing would cost a boat load to insure and license!!! I'll sit to my "Little trucks"!

Andy,
I feel your pain I was booted out around 14k but I was hoping a down economy would help keep prices down on these- It didn't! The last M911's out of Indiana were all rougher shape and all seemed to go for $20k.

Something about a truck that weighs 40k, dual 45k winches, outboard planetaries, it's what every growing family needs.

I just want one for our yearly truck pull in a neighboring town.
Andy

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You had to know that a big dealer would get them. If I am not mistaken, one guy got them all.

M1075

You had to know that a big dealer would get them. If I am not mistaken, one guy got them all.
Yeah, total was approx $305,000 plus premium. How would you like to write that check? They wouldn't buy them though, if they weren't making money with them. That, my friends, is a different level of bidder!

dittle

One thing to keep in mind with this truck is that you can't even drive it on the road without getting oversize permits due to its width. It wouldn't do all that well in a truck pull unless you were able to a lot of weight on the back drives, then watch out cause these things have some nuts to them.

Oasis-3

As a truck driver in the PA area I see alot of the trucks getting shipped out of the Annville area , I will keep an eye out for the M911's leaving the area. I seen a M820 on a truck about 5 weeks ago, man was that thing BIG :beer:

The Allison 750 is a stout trans but the cool factor of a truck that big to me is minimized with a slushbox. I wish they had 18spd with a aux trans. Then driving that truck would seperate the men from the boys. Even at $20k its a heck of a bargain for what the truck is capable of hauling. A new comparible C500 KW today with those kinds of specs would be around 200-300k easy. I know the C500 & Western Star off road tri-drive and dual steer oil field trucks are over $300k and that was a few years ago when I went to Con-Expo where they had one on display.

As much as I can rationalize vehicles that really don't make sense I was having are hard time getting past the 44mph top speed. The overwidth part actually is a plus and I can deal with as you slap farm plates on it and roll. We drove our bridge truck with no issues.

rorybellows

i too got to sit in one. lemme tell ya the size is quite intimidating. i figure a manual would be too much for the average joe who was probably barely capable of driving a car. i wonder when the m1070 is comin out. that would make an awesome tow rig. check out vannetta logging. they use these and the 123 for logging. big and slow. i got to drive a het in iraq once, its pretty weird cause of the size and the fact that the trailer turns too

Alredneck

Banned
Its on my next to do list, 911 or 920, or 916! Maybe one of each that way I dont wear one out driving up n down the road to much!:drool:

dittle

Don't know what the limit is but I do know that when the musuem had one shipped into it we had to have the outter duals removed for width issues. 2 different places I looked online show 114" and 115" width.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks