• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone got a transmission?

maritimer

well on my way home from the capus putting along at a leaisurly pace i here this god aweful bang and then grind grind scrappppppeeeee and steping on the fuel wasnt doing anything.
figured well there goes the u-joint i been waiting on, get under neath and find out its actully the ujoint, on of the ears on the slip yoke snapped, and just in front of where the transfer case bolts too has seperated so my trans and transfercase are now permenetly detached. and to get a th400 around here is $2,500, as non of the salvage places have them.

AJMBLAZER

Consider a 700R4. If you can find one from a 6.2L Blazer or the whole truck it'd literally be a bolt in affair and give you OD.

Croatan_Kid

I'll have one of those setups for sale soon enough as well!

Not sure if I should sell the motor/trans/tcase out of my truck before I'm ready to swap motors or not. I'd hate to be stuck with no motor in if for a month or more!

maritimer

well thanks everyone who offered help, turns out the guy who owns the trailer park, is also a pull pruck affeciando and he had pone buried in his transmission pile. its out of a gasser so with a change up of the torque converter it should bolt right in. now anyone have the slip yoke coming out of the xfer case tot he rear drive shaft they wanna ship to me free or near free lol?

kennyw

You need to swap in the diesel governor as well as changing to a NEW torque converter.

Don't put the torque converter off of the burned up transmission on a good transmission. It will just put all the garbage out of the failed transmission into a good one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks