• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have a M1031 Generator Cover?

MARCO1031

I just bought a very clean M1031 that I plan to set up as a mobile shop. The only problem is the generator cover on the roof is missing. Before I fabricate a new one I was wondering if anyone out there might have one they would be interested in parting with.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your SECM is the same as the M887 bodies. I would also look for Dodge M887 SECMs for that lid. I have one but its on my truck. Your truck should have the V4 gas powered welder/generator. Matter of fact, do a search for Jim Henry on here for his contact info. I know he has one he would sell. He's in Albemarle NC. BTW, eventually my goal is to move my body to a CUCV. Yours looks great....neighbor!

MARCO1031

Generator Cover

Thanks much for the info. Mine does have the Hobart and it is mostly intact. I will need to do some work to get it running but the first task is getting a permanent cover over it. I have located the materials to fabricate a new lid so i may just take a crack at it.

MARCO1031

Thanks again for the suggestions. I managed to scrape together the materials I needed and built a new cover this morning. The next task is doing a good once over on the Hobart to see if I can bring it back to life...I noticed more missing parts today. This could take a while. :|

JerseyMud609

not trying to steal your thread but i just found out what i thought was a m1008 is a m1031 dose any one know where i can get the shack for the back of my truck so i can take that rusty ass bed off