• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have a pict of the back side of the air tanks?

Reworked LMTV

I moved my battery box forward to make room for a storage box and need to double check my air hose set up. Solvents wrecked my markings to reconnect the lines :(
Thank you in advance !!!

ramdough

Hope this helps!
Let me know if I have only bad angles.

Attachments

Ronmar

Hope this helps!
Your wet tank appears to be plumbed correctly. I don’t think most are as even the diagrams in the manual show it incorrectly.

100 of the air from the dryer should pass THRU the wet tank on it’s way to the service tanks. The way the manual shows, the line from the dryer T’s into the rear most port where the outlet to the service tanks are connected. Plumbed that way only maybe 1/4 of the service air ever sees the wet tank...

It looks like your dryer outlet is plumbed to the forward port on the wet tank and the outlet to service is on the opposite port as it should be. I was going to suggest to Reworked that this would be a good time to fix it. If he follows your pics, he will:)

ramdough

Your wet tank appears to be plumbed correctly. I don’t think most are as even the diagrams in the manual show it incorrectly.

100 of the air from the dryer should pass THRU the wet tank on it’s way to the service tanks. The way the manual shows, the line from the dryer T’s into the rear most port where the outlet to the service tanks are connected. Plumbed that way only maybe 1/4 of the service air ever sees the wet tank...

It looks like your dryer outlet is plumbed to the forward port on the wet tank and the outlet to service is on the opposite port as it should be. I was going to suggest to Reworked that this would be a good time to fix it. If he follows your pics, he will:)
Always amazed at how much you know about these trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reworked LMTV

Hope this helps!
Thank you!

If you would not mind, If you could drop back so that the three tanks are in view on the horizontal plane (hope that makes sense) , that would be awesome! Is yours a 4x4 or 6x6? Guess I should have asked that first :rolleyes:

Ronmar

With the transfer case right there, it is kinda hard to get really good pics, and you certainly cannot do it at the same level as the tanks if I understand y0ur meaning of horizontal plane. Best I could get were 2 tanks in one pic and the camera was nearly on the ground to do that..

the diagrams in the manual in the tank and check valve replacement procedure are pretty good, of course with the exception of how they show the dryer to wet tank being plumbed...

first is wet and primary, second is primary and secondary... this is a 1079 chassis...

8CE28D92-0055-4327-BB43-95A76F3CBF70.jpegB2182032-73A9-4C77-BA4C-8FD21C4FD420.jpeg

Third From Texas

I just had a chance to look at the two images I posted.

I'm not sure if the A1R (green) is incorrect or not. The tank doesn't care which hole is the inlet and I'm wondering if mine is correct, just installed in opposite ports from the image Ronmar posted.

Of course, I have one spare 1/4" line. And I need to confirm that this is the line from the dryer.

LOL

20210419_135859.jpg

Ronmar

I'm not sure if the A1R (green) is incorrect or not. The tank doesn't care which hole is the inlet and I'm wondering if mine is correct, just installed in opposite ports from the image Ronmar posted.

Of course, I have one spare 1/4" line. And I need to confirm that this is the line from the dryer.

LOL

View attachment 831909
If the line with the protector on is from the dryer, then yes it is correct. your right, it doesn’t matter wich is inlet or outlet, you just don’t want them connected to the same port like in your A0 pic...

B-Dog

LOL

View attachment 831909

I assume the hose on the left is the CTIS supply. Color me curious where your small question-marked line goes. Let us know if you trace it out.
The cab suspension, fan supply tubes are that size but they should be connected to the pressure protection valve.

Ronmar

I assume the hose on the left is the CTIS supply. Color me curious where your small question-marked line goes. Let us know if you trace it out.
The cab suspension, fan supply tubes are that size but they should be connected to the pressure protection valve.
CTIS is also fed from the protection valve...

Third From Texas

A1R: The Vast Mystery

So many little things are *close* to older trucks, but not always what they appear to be. It's a LOT of trial and error...

LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks