• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have a rod bolt they could loan me or know their measurements?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm trying to see if I can get ARP bolts for the rods. Could someone loan me one or give me the measurements from one?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You asked this in the other thread, that's called cross-posting. It's against the site rules.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Indeed it is cross posted. But moreso to the fact that every time I've asked about it the thread becomes more cluttered with self proclaimed physicist drivel which isn't helping find a solution. It's only adding to speculation. I'm only asking for assistance to provide answers. The staff here routinely flaunts the advice to search here, which I certainly have. But I haven't found and discussion pertaining to the rod bolt measurements specifically. This could open up more discussion around the specific topic.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then please handle this correctly and go delete your duplicate post/request in the other thread.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great news people, I have a friend that just sent me the techincal document from the military on the rod bolts (two pages worth for a bolt, can you believe it!). ARP doesn't make anything currently for this, but they can custom make them. I told them right now I'm interested in 12 of them. But would anyone else be interested? I'm certain the more people involved in them, the cheaper the price would be for all of us. The oil pan gasket is only $25 from what I've found. If the bolts aren't skyhigh, this would be a great weekend project for a little extra insurance.

Riktord

Final specs and measurements on the rod bolts would be greatly appreciated as well as total cost from ARP. Please PM them to me.

If a modified rod can be produced by my machinist then these rods bolts can be useful but depending on alteration of the rod design they may not be practical.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Custom rods and you're talking major $$$$. Most of the failures shown on the site point towards rod bolts and not the rods. This also adds to the fact the military re-used the bolts. And no telling if they were torqued correctly...

Westech

CPL
Custom rods and you're talking major $$$$. Most of the failures shown on the site point towards rod bolts and not the rods. This also adds to the fact the military re-used the bolts. And no telling if they were torqued correctly...
P got it 100%... after all the rebuilds and soldier "B's" It seams to be the consensus

Riktord

Cost is manageable... Especially when the $100-200/hour milling rate is reduced or removed due to the machine company being an active part of the project and a military contractor in business with myself and the government.

Not to mention the machinist is question, is a good friend of mine.

Besides an equal weight or lightened rod with higher strength alloy is always a benefit for my total project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks