• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone have a steering wheel puller in the Atlanta Area?

ry57speedybird

Hey guys,
Im working a newly acquired 813 and am hunting a steering wheel puller. One of those 1 time use items, I have searched the threads and online and hate to buy one for a 1 time use. Anyone In atlanta willing to let me borrow or rent one for (hopefully) 5 minutes.

I have soaked in PB blaster- tried to modify my flywheel puller using every redneck C-clamp, strap, screw set I have. I have successfully abused the badly cracked and broken old wheel (no worries) but refuse to beat on it :whistle:
Anyone local who can help? I am in kennesaw (north atlanta)

Thanks!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are well worth the $75 Saturn gets for them. (especially if you mess up the shaft tryimg to remove a wheel without one).

Jared

I just replaced the steering wheel on my XM813 and was amazed at how much torque it took to get it off. And I was using a wheel puller I bought a couple of years ago on eBay. When it broke loose it was a big "pop" as it sprung off.