• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have any info on this Wheel?

defbob

oh, the older tiny Nyala RG31s with the 8-lug. Darn. Mine are from the BAE Systems RG31, the bigger ones with the 10 lug axletech.

RG-31Mk5EMRAP.jpg

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't the M35A3 wheel also one that fits the 365 tire, but 6 lug?

spicergear

Yes, the 'A3 wheels are for the MPT type tire, not the 395's, 1400's, 1600's, etc. MPT's have a shallower bead height. Yes, and the 'A3 wheels are six lug.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In reply to your photo...

I just purchased 12 of the MRAP Henderson wheels in Ohio and when I picked them up, the boxes were saturated with water. After getting them home, I tore into the boxes, which some had 2" of water and entirely submerged the (20) bolts. The water had not had time to do serious damage, but every component had to be removed, cleaned painted or anti-seized. I used a file to clean the beads and remove a few sharp edges, so got to know that radius rather well after 12 of them. It appears different than this photo.

This photo is a lot sharper 90 than my rims. I thought that was the primary difference, but that there is a very slight diameter difference too. Look at the beads on your bottom photo, they appear "crisp" (with small radius)...thus I would believe they fit the MPT. Bolt circle would be a different issue. Perhaps Gringeltaube will reconsider his 4-26 "no".

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its very easy to confirm:

• 22.2" overall diameter = MPT
  • 24" overall diameter = all other super-single wheels

To Toby: once again, those wheels in post #21 do not fit MPT tires!

G.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks