• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have any leads on an injection pump gasket kit?

CanonNinja

Saturn and TNJ are both out of their kits, and need to do some work on my injection pump pretty soon before our big trip coming up. If not an NOS kit, then perhaps some cross-over numbers of gaskets I can source out elsewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Alredneck

Banned
Fellas did yall try Memphis equipment? 901-774-0600 ( main office # ), or try Boyce out in Utah!

FSBruva

Memphis - don't carry them
Antelope Valley Equipment - don't carry them
Southeastern Equipment - left a message
FLMV - left a message
Alfa Heaven - don't carry them

Struck out completely, I guess. Most places said they just sent their injector pumps out to be rebuilt, rather than do it themselves.

Matt

mbware

I have been looking for a kit quite a while and missed the last kits that Murry had in stock. Seems no one else has them but they show on the gov site that indicates stock levels. I ultimately bought a new pump simply because mine had a leak. If you find some I would be interested as well.
Mike

FSBruva

I called a injector dealer/parts place, and he was asking for the pump's Bosch part number. I tried taking a picture of the data plate on mine, but no love. I have been able to find the Bosch part number for the hydraulic head here on the site, but not the pump itself. The TM doesn't mention it, and searching LOGSA for Bosch brings back the manual for using the injector testing bench equipment. In another thread, the part number was listed as a combination of the part number (from the manual) and the engine model number. Is this pretty standard?

I am hoping he can help us find some more modern gasket material that might not be so negatively affected by ultra low sulphur diesel. Also, looking to find a secure source of supply so that in a few months/years if someone runs a search on this, they won't run into a dead end.

Matt

surpdlr

FSBruva said:
Memphis - don't carry them
Antelope Valley Equipment - don't carry them
Southeastern Equipment - left a message
FLMV - left a message
Alfa Heaven - don't carry them

Struck out completely, I guess. Most places said they just sent their injector pumps out to be rebuilt, rather than do it themselves.

Matt
I guess this never got updated - FLMV returned Matt's call. We sold him the following kit for his injector pump: 5330-00-884-4807 GASKET AND PREFORMED INJ PUMP. I am not allowed to list the price, but did want to let you guys know that we have a few in stock still. Hope this helps!!

surpdlr

bottleworks said:
Is there any revealing information on the package that could lead to the source manufacturer's part number?
Why???

Do you think AMBAC INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION / BOSCH will be cheaper than Front Line Military Vehicles on a discontinued kit?????

bottleworks

surpdlr said:
Do you think AMBAC INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION / BOSCH will be cheaper than Front Line Military Vehicles on a discontinued kit?????

surpdlr said:
Because one should never have to be held to having a single suppler on an important part.

surpdlr said:
This kit has an age limit. Most surplus seals are already dyed out and will leak.

surpdlr said:
Some are willing to pay more for new production seals and gaskets so they only make the repair once.

surpdlr said:
Because it is my choice to make a judgment decision on what solution would be better for me.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a kit dated 9/87 and have used parts of it without a problem. Don't know what the age limit is on gaskets like these, but they are all individually sealed in plastic bags...

surpdlr

bottleworks said:
surpdlr said:

surpdlr said:
Because one should never have to be held to having a single suppler on an important part.

surpdlr said:
This kit has an age limit. Most surplus seals are already dyed out and will leak.

surpdlr said:
Some are willing to pay more for new production seals and gaskets so they only make the repair once.

surpdlr said:
Because it is my choice to make a judgment decision on what solution would be better for me.
Sorry I tried to help.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't look at this site very often....

I have an idea, why don’t you buy one of the kits, and reverse engineer it since they are so important to get brand new. I’m sure you will not mind the 1000's of dollar investment required for an item that you have decided has a shelf life issue.........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks