• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have any videos of 900 series trucks mudding?

commandojeff

Not to fear, I am king of over engineering. According to Silver Lake park employees, all added seats need safety belts and there must be a roll bar behind the last persons head. I will be putting a roll bar front and rear. I wanted to add seats for the adults that end up riding with the kids. The kids love it but the adults not so much.
This is why I am very hesitant on who rides in my truck at parades, events, etc... I would rather only my close friends and family ride in the back. When people are trying to get in the bed of the truck, it makes me cringe. I am only 20 years old and a lawsuit like that would really set me back. I'd rather be safe than sorry and don't go through things that you have a gut feeling you shouldn't. At least tell the people in the back to get out while I do something stupid.

A roll bar to support 22k pounds is going to be a hefty hefty roll bar. Along with everything with these trucks, it will be heavy and most likely expensive. I like the idea, just don't cheap out on it. It could save lives.

Out of all the deuce off road videos I have seen and trucks I have ridden in, I can conclude that the troop seats are lame for anything but an uneven field. A sharp jolt and people go flying.
2cents

Durango_USMC

Not to fear, I am king of over engineering. According to Silver Lake park employees, all added seats need safety belts and there must be a roll bar behind the last persons head. I will be putting a roll bar front and rear. I wanted to add seats for the adults that end up riding with the kids. The kids love it but the adults not so much.
You may want to add more than just the two roll bars at either end. Speaking as someone who spent enough time jostling around in the back of a 7 ton (replaced the 5 tons) a helmet should be mandatory. Don't want your friedns to become "special" friends :mrgreen:

Hooper

You may want to add more than just the two roll bars at either end. Speaking as someone who spent enough time jostling around in the back of a 7 ton (replaced the 5 tons) a helmet should be mandatory. Don't want your friedns to become "special" friends :mrgreen:

LOL.....
or do I?

Danger Ranger

Just make a big old cage in the back. Big roll bars front and rear, but tie them in together. Do it right and yor canvas will still fit over them.

emr

Did you notice the vid GHall sent, very very cool, but first thing was when he was in there deep, very noticeable the tires were packed with mud like slicks. If he aired down to like 15 he probably would have walked right thru that, also when he got out one could see the tires were so full of air on that light truck they had absolutely no tire bulge. There was hard pack at the bottom of that hole, just no traction be because the tires were hard ball slicks, just a noticeable fyi...

searls84

The truck I am getting has the 1400x20's, do you think it would go through sand?
They do awesome In the sand! Just gotta air the tires down. I run mine at 20psi up front and 10 psi in the rear. I drag my 30ft camper in DEEP sand getting down the beach at our local lake and the truck never even gets wheel hop...

Hooper

They do awesome In the sand! Just gotta air the tires down. I run mine at 20psi up front and 10 psi in the rear. I drag my 30ft camper in DEEP sand getting down the beach at our local lake and the truck never even gets wheel hop...
That's perfect. The place I want to go is an hour from where I live and it is a blast but the sand is very loose. My old 1978 Dodge with mud tires got stuck right away so that worried me. Looking forward to it now.