• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have anything PRC-117 related?

papakb

I have several PRC-117s that I am looking for accessories for but they're pretty hard to find so I thought I'd ask here on SS. Please reply by PM if you have anything.

Thanks,

Kurt
KG6KMJ

HAWKMAN

What are you in need of? I stripped out many of these in the mid 90's (I think Istill have a complete shelter somewhere upback)...let me know..TX's HAWK

papakb

I have a couple of 117Ds and I'm trying to figure out how to mount one in a HMMWV. Their form factor is wrong for the standard radio rack unless you mount it sideways. I have a mount for an A model but then Ill need to find the longer hold down brackets for the D radio. I do have space in the ambulance body overhead but then need to come up with some type of remote control head. I know the latest units have them but they won't retrofit to the older radios.