• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have experience with John Johnson Company?

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, they are like 15 minutes away from me, never heard of them, it would of been nice of me to know, I just bought a new top and four doors
You never know what is in your own back yard

Ephraim76

Would you be willing to stop by there place to check out the tops and doors they have? Would be great to know if they are good quality.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a problem, sorry about the wait, but I'm going for foot surgery. I will limp in LOL

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are a supplier/contractor for military.

Same company that made covers/tops for trailers and trucks.

Ephraim76

Johnson company pricing is much better then Breton.. they seem to care more about taking care of us little guy. That’s why I’m wondering if the quality is the same. Breton brags about “military grade” I wonder if we can confirm Johnson has the same “military grade” Johnson is half the price almost.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Johnson company pricing is much better then Breton.. they seem to care more about taking care of us little guy. That’s why I’m wondering if the quality is the same. Breton brags about “military grade” I wonder if we can confirm Johnson has the same “military grade” Johnson is half the price almost.
They supply the U.S. military how much closer to "military grade" do you want ?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a cargo cover from John Johnson years ago; they were easy to work with, although I liked GMA better (unfortunately, GMA is out of business). I called Breton once, too, but was told they would only sell what they had on hand or if they could add your item onto a military run. If you wanted them to produce a hard to find cover, they were not doing it unless you bought like 45! For regular run of the mill stuff, I bet they'll have what you need.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Breton. As I said, I contacted them to buy a cover. They just did not have any in stock and weren't about to build just one. They told me I could either wait until the military bought more such tops, or I could order 45 (yes, 45!). The cargo cover kit I was looking at was $1,500 so buying 45 was out of the question. That cargo cover kit was for a more rare vehicle. They probably have stock on hand or may be able to produce more common merchandise more quickly.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, like I stated , I will go to John Johnson next week for my recon mission, details to come...

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided to call the company before going there, they are only 7 miles from work and they close at 4:30PM
I asked if I could go and take pictures of the doors and top, he said that they did not have any assembled, but when they do a run, they keep door blanks and could have them done fairly quick.
I spoke with Dick, real nice guy, he gave me much information.He gave me a brief history of the company and they where the original supplier for the Humvee and other military vehicles and are still the original vendors for some models
The skins are available in white, tan, green camo ,even red ones.
He also said that they still sell to many suppliers and some that are on the SS site
Sorry I could not go and get pictures, but after speaking with Dick, I would not hesitate doing business with them.

diesel dave

I bought a 4 man top from Brenton last year. $280 shipped. Are you saying one from Johnson is half that price?

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@diesel Dave, I found out about Breton last year after seeing the prices from fleebay, how was the quality and craftsmanship of the top you bought.
I'm also thinking that there can only be a few suppliers for the Humvee tops & doors and until you find out about company's like Breton or John Johnson, the sellers are making a huge markup.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Double check with them. I was told in the past that GMA would not sell HMMWV doors. Tops...yes. Doors...no. I realize GMA is not JJ or Breton, but you should double check that first. Of course, things could have changed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks