• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have pictures of Rapco (or similar) black?

realm

I'm torn on where to go with my M1009.
It has a new paint job by the PO. Looked great until I took it out in the rain, and now camo pattern lines are starting to show through in places.

The misses wants it all black, hates the OD.
I would rather have black but leary on what it'd look like as a lot of flat black I've seen on cars in the city looked like ****.

Plan A)
Buy OD carc substitute paint from Rapco and do the parts showing through if it matches, and the whole truck if it doesn't match enough. (Previous paint was Krylon I believe).

Plan B)
Find a black that doesn't look like crud, then shoot it and make the whole thing a mean black beast.

So does anyone have pics of (not-real CARC) black, even if it's just a black you used in a section of the truck for like camo?

Trying to get an idea of what they look like, as no shops around here will touch my truck. I mean the paint looks new, it's got no rust or dents, it's just that in places the lines are showing through, but I guess everyone is scared of the CARC beneath or something.

Thank you.

If you want it to look smooth and not OD, go with desert tan. Flat black will show everything and look like Crap. If my wife said she did not like OD I would gouge her eyes out with a pencil and tell her she looks fat in that dress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks