• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone here own a 1976-1982 mercedes? Want to part out my MB

kcimb

my 1980 Diesel has not sold, so if anyone wants parts from it please let me know. It's a 1980 300SD with the 40 gallon diesel tank in the back...

kcimb

maccus said:
I have as a daily driver a 1980D........works fine
I'm jealous..mine doesn't work fine now.
:(

My favorite car, the second one I've ever had. Got 38 on the highway from Pensacola to Texas...

spicergear

How many cylinders and is it a turbo? I have a 190D in something and it could use more pep. Also, auto or stick and do you know if the bellhousing is the same as the early '60's 190D-

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The conversations forum is for military vehicle related topics. I am going to stick this in alternative fuels since it could be a good veggie oil car.

That being said, I am in the process of refurbishing our 1983 300SD. I need some seat parts, floor mats, wood trim, door trim, an electric auxiliary fan and some other bits. What kid of interior do you have? Black leather?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I need a passenger side front fender, headlight assembly, blinkler assembly and a door if its gold in color. Just bought my 15 year old brother an 83 300SD that had a dumpster rolled into the passenger side.

kcimb

Djfreema said:
I need a passenger side front fender, headlight assembly, blinkler assembly and a door if its gold in color. Just bought my 15 year old brother an 83 300SD that had a dumpster rolled into the passenger side.
I can get you the passenger side fender, but shipping might be expensive. The car is brown.

Headlight assembly? You mean the halo plastic that goes around the bulbs?

(It's busted due to vandals)

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PN_zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=5&de=845

kcimb

steelsoldiers said:
The conversations forum is for military vehicle related topics. I am going to stick this in alternative fuels since it could be a good veggie oil car.

That being said, I am in the process of refurbishing our 1983 300SD. I need some seat parts, floor mats, wood trim, door trim, an electric auxiliary fan and some other bits. What kid of interior do you have? Black leather?
It has a brown leather interior.

I have the floor mats...if you want Chris I can send you pictures. They are a little dirty....

kcimb

spicergear said:
How many cylinders and is it a turbo? I have a 190D in something and it could use more pep. Also, auto or stick and do you know if the bellhousing is the same as the early '60's 190D-

5 cylinders. Turbo. Auto. I have no idea if the bell housing is the same...

Vehicle has about 390k on it..Engine ran fine when pulled but the fuel pump was on the fritz. It had bad rings when I bought it-I simply let it warm up before I drove it (let the rings expand) and used lucas mystery oil...It worked great.

Link to ad

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PN_zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=5&de=845

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm, brown interior so prolly tan mats eh? Well that won't work for ours. Does it have the zebrano wood trim? If it is in good shape I need a few pieces. Does the aux fan work? Mine is fried. Thanks.

kcimb

steelsoldiers said:
Hmmm, brown interior so prolly tan mats eh? Well that won't work for ours. Does it have the zebrano wood trim? If it is in good shape I need a few pieces. Does the aux fan work? Mine is fried. Thanks.
You mean the one behind the radiator that's belt driven, or the AC fan?

This car has no AC, so I have no clue if the Auxillary fan works.

kcimb

m3a1_ht said:
I drive a blue '79 6.9. Sometimes. I seem to need to work on it a bit more than I would like. It may go, but I'll miss it. It is fun to drive.

I want a Mercedes..but I can't afford one right now. An old school 50's or 60's benz and totally rebuild the sucker from the ground up.

ygmir

I love and drive old MBZ diesels:
72 220D 4spd
78 240D 4 spd
80 240/300 D auto (240 with a 5 cyl 3l engine)
86 300 SDL auto
misck parts cars.....and stuff........

kcimb

ygmir said:
I love and drive old MBZ diesels:
72 220D 4spd
78 240D 4 spd
80 240/300 D auto (240 with a 5 cyl 3l engine)
86 300 SDL auto
misck parts cars.....and stuff........
Quite the collection!

I'm jealous.

ygmir

cheap to buy, good economy, last forever. What's not to love?
I paid under 1500 for all except the 300SDL.
and, chicks don't seem to know they're old.........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks