• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in Houston with an MV?

Carlos a.k.a. Carl

Please PM me if you have info or are interested.

Anyone in Houston with a Deuce and/or a jeep?

Here's what I'm up to...I'm a freelance video/photo producer and I will be shooting a music video in Houston on 5/2, & 3 (Sat & Sun). This is practically a $0 budget video (I'm not even getting paid, just happy to add one of my favorite artists to my resume reel). The only thing a couple hundred bucks is going to is renting a couple lights and rigging equipment. If someone would be interested in having their MV "co-starring" in this video I would be eternally greatful (and happily supply you with a DVD of the HD footage of the MV, the finished music video, and whatever behind the scenes photos we take, also maybe we could work a trade as I have plans in the near future for a Girls & MVs photo series, probably a calendar...can't wait for the Issaquah, WA show at the end of this month!!!).
The video has a military theme as part of the story line and the MV would be in the key scenes. There's no chance of harm to the vehicle, we're not blowing things up or shooting guns or anything like that. The MV would be in the background on some scenes, and the 3 members of the group would be in the vehicle (one of them the driver) driving no more than 25mph "into the sunset". This will only take an about 4 hours, and we're looking at doing this shoot on Sunday morning, 5/3 in a to be determined location (still researching where is best as I don't know Houston's layout but it will be somewhere in the outskirts where it could look desolate or wooded, basically like we're in the middle of nowhere).
3 Previous music videos I've produced of this artist have gotten combined more than 300,000 views on YouTube. This next one is gunna blow the others away. Hope to hear from somebody, can't wait to get to Houston!

Last edited:

Carlos a.k.a. Carl

What kind of music?
Sorry should have put this in the original post, the artist is KB Da Kidnappa of Street Military. He's a Houston legend as far as underground rap is concerned. They're from the days of the more heard of Ghetto Boys. A lot of the big name guys out of Houston (UGK, Chamillionaire, Mike Jones, etc.) grew up on Street Military. The late great DJ Screw was screwing and chopping Street Military back when nobody even knew what screwed and chopped was.

album cover image:
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/ernestmayhand/KB%20Da%20Kidnappa/kbanarmyofone.jpg

Attachments

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not in Houston but am looking for **any** reason for a road trip..... only problem is.... I have a deuce..... videos of said deuce at YouTube - kendelrio's Channel

(BTW, audio/video production is another hobby of mine, so anything I can do to help.....)

Oh, my bad for not PM'ing... apparently I can't follow directions...... :)

Last edited:

c3bosco

I have 3 deuces in NW houston, a m109 van, winch truck soft top, and non-winch hard top with a cargo cover. I might be able to help out if you still need a truck. What part of town are you going to be in?

ps- If you're spending a couple hundred bucks renting lights...I'll take a couple hundred to bring out a couple sets of military floodlights...

Attachments

Last edited:

EZFEED

MV's in a rap video lol! :-D

This is epic, you need to post the completed video on here for us all to see :lol:
I would so do this just for the laughs! I'd even paint the rims on my Lizard gold or chrome!;-)

Lizard with bling!

Attachments

Last edited:

Carlos a.k.a. Carl

Updated: This is happening Sunday morning (5-3-09) and I still don't have anybody locked in with an MV in Houston. That Military Museum is hard to get a hold of. Anybody know their hours? The website is really really really out of date.

Carlos a.k.a. Carl

Thanks c3bosco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c3bosco c3bosco saved the day (to say the least) on Sunday!!!!! Thank you a million times over from me, KB, Nick & Ace! We had a great time and couldn't have done it without you. Here's some pics from behind the scenes and some screenshots from "the dailys". Video coming soon and I'll make sure to post a link in this thread and c3 I'll get that DVD to you and the footage of the truck a.s.a.p.

Attachments

c3bosco

Part of the deal was that they bring the ladies out to my place...boy was i disappointed when 4 dudes and a video camera rolled up in a minivan...

I'm sure you're all interested in buying the famous deuce from me...but I've already traded it for a backhoe