• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in Indiana want to split a case of CARC?

tequilaiam

I talked to a shop in Indianapolis that can get PPG CARC paint. However, they said theres a minimum order of a case (4 gallons). A 4 gallon case with the appropriate amount of catalyist works out to $800.

I want to buy a gallon only. Anyone around these parts want to go in on a case with me?

gungearz

I can't remember what site I seen it on but there was a place selling carc equivalent paint with catylist for about $85 a gallon. If you google it, it should pop up. Ill check now and let you know.

zout

WOW - I had bought SW CARC in woodland and black and it only ran me roughly $83 a gallon. You could buy a lot of SW CARC for $600.

Or only 4 gallons and money left over for beer when you shoot it.

tequilaiam

Thanks for the link, I'll use that as a backup for sure. However, TM9 seems to be a lot like ordinary car paint. I was talking about mil-spec latest/greatest type-II CARC. The kind that sands off the sole of your shoes when you drag feet across it, doesn't burn off until the steel underneath is about ready to melt and has substrate added for extra flatness. You know, the stuff the newer MVs all come with.

The Rapco and TM9 look like ordinary color-matched paint which any automotive paint supplier can probably mix up with the right codes. Not bad for half price but if its only an extra $100 for a vehicle I'd rather get the real thing. The CARC in my m1009 is still in really awesome shape where the P.O. didn't re-coat it with house paint :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks