• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in South Western CT that can help me?

pyrogod117

Hi everyone,
First off, I looked and I think this is the right forum, but if not, sorry.

I found a deuce for sale in Southwestern CT, and it is just about everything I want. I would really appreciate it if a deuce-o-phile could talk to me either on the phone or by email or whatever, and maybe even consider meeting me when (if) I go to buy it, just to make sure I don't make any noob mistakes. And to get an idea if the price is right too.

I'm also looking for suggestions on insurance, because every single carrier I've called won't insure a deuce, unless it's for parades and/or shows only, and I want to actually use it to do stuff. I'm also 21, so I can't do the antique thing unless it's in my mom's name. And I need to know how to get it home legally by driving it without it being registered to me yet.

If you are willing to help, please PM me your phone number and I'll call you and tell you about the truck.

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

SteveKuhn

I wouldn't pretend to know enough about them to give advice on the truck. SS has plenty of those. But . . . I do know about the following in NJ. I'd go there 1st for the straight scoop.

Below are 3 good links for the NJ MVC.
Titles: [FONT=&quot]State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission
[/FONT]

Contact/Questions: [FONT=&quot]State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission

[/FONT]
Historic Plates: [FONT=&quot]State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission[/FONT]

From what I can read, QQ plates depend on the age of the vehicle, not the owner. I have them. However, that's moot if you intend to use it for other purposes - though I know guys do.

I would be more worried about breaching insurance terms than of getting tickets if you go QQ, depending on what 'other stuff' you want to do.

I suggest that you get your questions down to specifics and use the contact page. They've been prompt, clear, and helpful to me numerous times in the past year.

I'd get the paperwork and plates in order and take them with me to drive it home. I've done that with a Deuce and 2 trailers. No hassles then.

There are a number of insurance threads to search. Sometimes it does seem like the answer depends on who you get on the phone. You'll probably need a VIN for some quotes but the seller can provide that. Then there's that 'other stuff' you want to do with it that suggests you might need just regular insurance at the higher price.

Best of luck.

Steve

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks