• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in the Seattle area?

jag7720

Is there anyone with a M1009 that lives in the Seattle area that could do me a favor?

I am having a custome tank built for my WVO system. Frybrid.com is doing the work.

I need someone to drive their M1009 down to Frybrid and let them take measurements. I have done what I can but I am not sure of the quality.

Attachments

Mike_Pop

Cool angle finder! Where can I get one of those?

Have you ever considered welding your own tank?

jag7720

I don't know where I got that... been a long time... maybe home depot or Sears.

I am an OK welder with steel. The tank will be made of aluminum and I don't think I can do that.

jag7720

I tried but...

Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum.

oh well...

So, anyone in Seattle?

jag7720

Well, in case anyone is interested... I made a mock tank from poster board. It might be useful to anyone wanting to build an auxiliary tank for WVO or diesel... I'm not sure I'd want gasoline in my cab.... anyway... here is the link

http://www.the-greenes.net/index.php?mod=gallery2&g2_itemId=9958

The angle parts don't touch the wheel well at all. So just the upper and lower flats will support the tank. I think that if you weld a piece of angle alum. to the front bottom and the right side in the rear that would be sufficient to hold it in place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks