• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Install A Regular Receiver Hitch on an HMMWV??

jpz66

bmdupont

Pulled a 22 foot double axel flat bed with a bunch of hay bails and kids in a parade. Drove it a couple miles to and from. Not sure how much weight that was.

KansasBobcat

Another point about mounting hitch on airlift bumper. The Army developed a kit to strengthen the bumper, I believe for towing the M1102 trailers. I have seen these advertised for sale.

NCBPhantom

Alright I'll explain it here then also. Basically there are 2 styles of hitches for the h1, an early style and a late style. The late style hitch seems to be much more sturdy so that's what I went with and what I ordered the parts for. The late style hitch looks like this:
View attachment 576903

There are 4 brackets needed to attach a late style h1 hitch to the hmmwv. The first 2 attach from the ends of the hitch to the outer bumper brackets, part numbers 6007905 and 6007913 along with 2 mounting blocks part number 6006928. It seems that the h1 outer bumper brackets have holes in them for the hitch mounts where as the hmmwv outer bumper brackets just have one large hole in the bottom, I haven't had a chance to see how the brackets match up with that large hole or if I need to drill some more.
View attachment 576901

The Other two brackets attach the arms of the hitch to the cross member, part numbers 6007693 and 6007694.
View attachment 576902

Where or how did you order the parts for them, was it a regular GM dealership using the usual part numbers?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new style hitch was designed because they added an aux fuel tank on the 96 and above H1.
thr older style filled the area with support bars where they put the fuel tank.
the 98 and above H1 have no inner or outer support bars, just the inner and outer mounting blocks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks