• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone interested in running a convoy on the Hatfield Mcoy trail in WV around June?

original

I live about five miles from one of the the hatfield mcoy trailheads. It's really an extensive trail. I took my m1008 on it last fall. It can be as simple as cross country trail riding or as insane as you desire. Many optional hill climbs. It is primarily a quad trail, but is wide enough to accomodate a duece throughout the main trails. I grew up on the pinnacle trail stretch. Taking old trucks up along side the creek and "camping". It is an official trail now, so riders must register to ride the trail (small fee). I would like to do this next June or July. If anyone is interested let me know, there is plenty of time to work out the details. I'm going to go regardless; although, I would enjoy some company.

oilcan

I've been on that trail on my old ATV. Our group started off around Beckley and ended up in Matewan, if I remember right. It was a pretty good ride, but we had two old-timers in the back that just wanted to putt around the whole time. There was a lot of waiting at trail crossings... Still had a great time.

Oh, that's a bad time of year for me. Haspin.

original

I'm in southern wv about 45 minutes from bluefield. I'm more for the calmer trails myself. I just like being out for the ride. It's a beautiful place. I'm here year round and work for myself, so I'll let you guys make the plans. WV is and always was a union (Yankee) state.

pgwaldner

hatfield mccoy

I was considering a week there this June with the ATV's for my son's birthday. I did not know it was for more than ATV's. He wants to go somewhere he can take his M1009 also. This may be a possibility for early June.

i may be down for a trip like that. ive been wanting to check out that trail system, but i sold my quad to get the M1010... are you planning on camping there? just wondering if i tow the M37 out, and drop the M1010 and trailer somewhere, or if i only drop the trailer and bring the M37 to wheel in, and the M1010 to camp, just have the lil lady drive the M1010 on the trails...

hoop

Pineville....Brings back memories from the early 70's.
My father was pastor at the Nazarene church for 2 or 3 years there.
Might be worth a trip over.

cfish

Ha thats funny, I was talking to someone else about doing this this summer. Your about 6.5 hours from where I live in NC. Maybe I can talk a few others from here to join in. I know my son and I would be up for it. Are you going to camp out along the trail???

original

I don't plan to do any camping myself. There are plenty of cheap hotels and places to park trailers. I'm going to talk to some of the trail admin to try to attain an event. We can ride it regardless, but I would like to have a section of the trail set apart for MV's. The local veterans groups would love to see a group of MV's. Not to many around here.

cfish

Cool! If this thing takes off any chance you could help us out with some hotel info prior to the trip so we can plan? That would probably help several folks.

XanRa

im interested.... im not sure what ill be driving when it comes:roll: BUT im still interested at the moment i dont believe i have any conflictions so we're good to go:driver:

Marty G

I'm interested i live 75 miles from the first trail head but Ive never made it up there. ill be up for some of the more aggressive trails.