• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know a good shop in Tucson area for new Deuce?

buddy_holly

I recently became a new MV owner with the purchase of a bobbed M35A2 and she's in pretty good shape so I don't want to mess it up. I have some automotive experience but have no idea where to start with this monster diesel. I picked up a digital copy of the army tech manuals but that's going to take some time to digest and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good shops in the Tucson, AZ area. First orders of business would be lockout hubs for the front (help finding those would be great too) and some general maintenance things. I appreciate any tips from you guys since I'm a newbie at this. If I uploaded it correctly here's a photo.

Attachments

wehring

Tucson

I just googled you. I will be passing through there with a 5 ton mid April. I can stop by and help you with the hubs as it only takes about 30 min including time to properly torque them. Order a set from Ouverson engineering ~$600.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JATONKAM35s AVM HUBS
Go and talk to Jack or his son at Jacks Govt Surplus in Tucson (5181 E. Drexel Rd). They will be able to point you to a mechanic in Tucson (if they won't do it there). You will also see MANY hard to find MV's.

Alredneck

Banned
Get with DesertDeuce on here ( Kevin ) he is out of phoenix, AZ. Great guy! Also Jacks Surplus is in Tuscon though his prices can be high on some things, he does have a wide selection. That should get you started along with what the others have told ya. Welcome to the site!

buddy_holly

Thanks guys. Does anyone have recommendations on these hubs? I know nothing about these things so I was wondering if there is a difference between them. I've seen the AVMs and the Ouversons. And it looks like $600 is the avg going price.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's also Selectros (which I prefer). They don't stick out as far as the ouversons and don't say 4x4 and 4x2 on them like jatonkas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks