• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know anything about these comm/radio units??

Just like the title says. I want some info.

I have these radios/comm units in my M1009. I'm looking to get rid of these radios. I'm pretty sure they are in working condition...I haven't messed with them much to verify that. But I am not too sure what to ask for them. Anyone have any idea? Or any good place to research what exactly it is I have?

Attachments

Flyingvan911

I don't recall all of the numbers. I think the second pic is a RT-442. All of them should fetch a decent amount on E-bay. Where did you get your M1009? Pretty unusual for the trucks to come with the radios.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics 1 and 6 are loudspeakers. Pic 2 looks like an R-442 (receives only) - Vietnam era, pic 3 is either a PRC-25 or a PRC-77 sitting on an AM-2060. Last two simply show the radios in the mounts. AM-2060 is worth about $200 PRC-77's about $400, R-442 maybe $150, mounts are worth anywhere from $20 to $50. Wiring and antennas can add a couple of hundred if you have to piece together the system. Do an e-bay search for people selling this stuff and you can get a better idea of what they are worth.

Whitey

The R442's I've seen in the last year have ranged $100-200 in working condition. I've picked up a couple of the bases for $10-20, have seen them for $75 NIB. The larger base $25-50. I know that some folks would love to get a ready to roll setup.

-Whitey

I got it from a private owner, he got it from GL with the 36" hummer tires already on it. He restored it a little bit and outfitted it with all the original radio truck stuff. He had two other bigger radios in there that he didn't sell with the truck (they were the big, rare, expensive ones).

All the wiring is there as far as I can tell. But like I said, I haven't done enough exploring inside the truck to know exactly what is all in there. But I assume it's all there, working and correct...because the P.O. even bought new little blackout lights for the bumpers and they work.

I plan on it being a daily driver...and the radios gotta go in order to accommodate more that one person in the back. Plus having some extra cash to install a stereo and some other extra goodies.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It's all just junk. I'll take it off your hands for scrap value (LOL).

You have the R442 and mount (the shoebox size receiver) 75-150.
Two MT1029 mounts that are worth from 5-50 depending on condition (I've actually had to throw them away at times to get rid of them).
A AN/GRC-160 which is the AM-2060 and AN/PRC77 together. Depending on condition and if tested, up to 600.
The MX6707 antenna mounts should be on the outside. Those are around 45 and the antenna itself is 15-30.
Wires and cable all together in one package I'd say add 50 but 100 is a little high.

If you want to sell it quick take everything off and mark it for 700 and it'll probably be gone in week or you could epay it and help support those anti gun nuts.

eagle4g63

Stereo and stuff you say.....What are you looking for, maybe we can get together for some trading. I have stereo stuff!!!! Most used(even a flip out dvd player)

I would love to get a hold of the mil stuff for my deuce.

Yeah from the feebay and other interwebs searching I did: In just the three radio units alone I have somewhere in the area of $700-1100 worth of stuff. Plus all the other little stuff bracketry/holders/bases, speakers, headsets, cables, etc to make it an almost complete set, is somewhere in the $200-400+ range. So in the $900-1500 range total... Sound about right?

I know the P.O. told me he spent almost as much on all the radio stuff as the $2500 he bought the truck for (not including the big unit that he valued at well over $2000).

Last edited:

eagle4g63

Good grief, that's a lot of green stuff (yeah the pun intended) Might be a little too rich for my blood. I just been thinking about something for using to talk to another person while driving.

Sound like you might have a good deal of stuff there.

I think I'd like to keep the antennas and mounts (for the cool factor) :wink:

I checked the plate on the unit in the 3rd pic. It is a PRC-25/RT-505A

I'd kinda like to try and sell all the stuff together, just because it's less work.

I suppose I'll hook up the batteries in the truck and start check the units out and start pulling all that stuff out in the next few days.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NEVER have the radio's on when cranking the truck up or shutting it down. ALWAYS turn the radio's on after the truck is running, and shut them off before you turn the ignition off. They do not like voltage spikes or brownouts. Just a word to the wise!

Ma Duce

It's all just junk. I'll take it off your hands for scrap value (LOL).

You have the R442 and mount (the shoebox size receiver) 75-150.
Two MT1029 mounts that are worth from 5-50 depending on condition (I've actually had to throw them away at times to get rid of them).
A AN/GRC-160 which is the AM-2060 and AN/PRC77 together. Depending on condition and if tested, up to 600.
The MX6707 antenna mounts should be on the outside. Those are around 45 and the antenna itself is 15-30.
Wires and cable all together in one package I'd say add 50 but 100 is a little high.

If you want to sell it quick take everything off and mark it for 700 and it'll probably be gone in week or you could epay it and help support those anti gun nuts.
I went in the army as a radio operator, last class of 05B out of Ft. Gordon.

The ID on the part/type numbers is correct. The 77 mount is a vehicle converter to use the radio off of the vehicle power with an auxilary speaker and not batteries and have to listen to the handset.

The second unit is a "reciever" no transmission capabilities. It was desinged for Plt ldrs, COs to monitor another feq or push while being able to talk on the main one. You would set the presets on the 77 so they locked out on the 2 major freqs you would use, plt & CO or CO & BN. then with a twist of the dial, it would stopp at the next freq so you didn't have to read it everytime.

That is where the squak box speaker on the side is for.

With the vehicle anttena you could increase the range. You can really crank up the range by using a 1/2 wave dipole and connecting it to the ant connection.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks