• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know bolt sizes for some parts?

RSOVRanger

Specifically, the bell houzing to engine block bolts for the tranny, the transfer case support bar's bolts, and torque converter bolts...

I need thread sizes, bolt lengths, etc... my buddy rebuilt my transmission and unfortunatley his shop is in disarray and I need the infor so he can replace these bolts from lack of current locatability after dissassembly.

RSOVRanger

39 views, and my cucv is still sitting with the transmission on the bench, transfer case on the floor, the driveshafts just hanging limp.

Thanks for the info.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, not a CUCV owner but I can tell you that the bellhousing bolts are 3/8X16 but you will have to measure the length yourself, I don't recall.I woudl guess 1 1/2" but you can measure the thickness of the bellhousing ear and depth of the hole in the block. A small amount of investigation on your behalf can determing exactly what you need for the transfer case.

RSOVRanger

Yeah, the -20 -20p -30 all didn't have any dimensions, i searched the site, the net... couldn't find the data. Autozone, Napa, and Shmucks all didn't have any diagrammage or schematis that even displayed how many let alone what sizes.

Not that it matters now, My friend found them all after he purchased a replacement set through trial and error from odd bolts from other projects.

BKinzey

Re: RE: Anyone know bolt sizes for some parts?

RSOVRanger said:
39 views, and my cucv is still sitting with the transmission on the bench, transfer case on the floor, the driveshafts just hanging limp.

Thanks for the info.
You are very welcome. I hope we can't help you with your next inquiry :roll: :roll: :|