• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know center height of cargo cover bows?

reblawyer

Might have to spend a couple of months camping out in my deuce and am trying to figure out if I will be able to make it work.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
reblawyer said:
Might have to spend a couple of months camping out in my deuce and am trying to figure out if I will be able to make it work.
MONTHS!! What kind of a camping trip are you planning? Remodeling the house maybe?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: Anyone know center height of cargo cover bows?

Somebody must have really made their wife mad!

rofl

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

As I recall Camp Shellby is so hot and humid that the camping trip will be quite unpleasant so you might want to put a shelter in the back or build an insulated box that you could put A/C and heat in for a more comfortable stay. I know that there are a few spots underneath the truck that you could sit up on a camping toilet. Don't feel bad about living in the back of one of these I have seen them occupied by two star generals in the wars I have fought in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've also seen several trucks with longer staves and the bed side elevated with plywood. You can get it plenty tall if you need to!

reblawyer

Actually I may be headed up north to the Tupelo area, possible job change in the near future. If I do the wife and kids will be staying in Hattiesburg until the summer school break. Having spent some time with uncle sam myself, I dont think living in the back of the deuce would be such a bad thing, as long as I can keep it warm. I am mentally ticking off the benefits of parking at a campground for 4 months in the beautiful Mississippi woods for $126 a month or leasing a "real home" for a far longer time and far more money. The little boy in me says this would be cool, the old man I am becoming says this is not going to be really comfortable. As far as camping around Shelby, you're right Armyman, too hot and humid for a big ole boy like me!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

You might consider an arctic top if you can find one. I've done plenty of living in the back of the deuce but I have one warning. Watch that first step in the middle of the night when mother nature comes calling. A porta potty might be in order for that! Doubt that the campgrounds folks will be very forgiving for spouting off the back of the tailgate at 0-dark thirty.

colyork

have you tried to find a used camper? This time of year there are some out there that can be had for cheap money that might need minor work to use them. I bought one about 4 years ago that only cost me $400 that includes the new tires that I put on. And you can always pull it with the duece.

colyork

sure did ,I did have to reseal the roof once so far. The wife and I bought a 28 foot fleetwood last year for $1000. we had to put 4 tires on it and chage the plug to match my truck Gas lines had to be replaced thats all.