• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know exactly where the gunners platform is positioned?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Juanprado! That will help, Also answers why there's a little lip on the mounting brackets that sticks out. I'll contact TedG. Guess I'll have to remove the wooden cover on mine to put the gunners platform in. or make notches for the lips.

BLK HMMWV

They make or made a wooden floor piece with a cut out for the gunners platform .
I have a different style platform then most . I can take some pictures of it in the next few days if you want.
But if your planning on running the original wooden floor again I'd source that piece first to insure you place it in the right place.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They make or made a wooden floor piece with a cut out for the gunners platform .
I have a different style platform then most . I can take some pictures of it in the next few days if you want.
But if your planning on running the original wooden floor again I'd source that piece first to insure you place it in the right place.
I would certainly appreciate it! Thanks. I'll pull my wood and cut it then.

BLK HMMWV

Patriot send me a PM with your email addy.
Like I said I have a odd ball gunners platform that has the gunners restraint retractor under it so it's going to look a little odd compared to the one you have.
It sits up higher off the deck when it is in the completely lowered position due to the retractor.

Roughly it's about 14 1/2" back from the dog house to the front edge and 32" to the back edge.
Centered in the width between the deck. Approx. 7 .25 inches in from each side.
Like I said if you found the cut out piece of wood it will help you align everything.
However if your going to cut the piece of wood you already have then it's not going to help much.
There is also a aluminum plate that bolts to the deck passenger side ( Maybe even on the wood piece ) that holds the pintles riser and MK-64 or 95 cradle )
If your planning on eventually acquiring that.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
THANK YOU! Got them, easy enough to figure out where to mount this thing. Just do I have the will to start drilling holes.....Or maybe the flexibility under the hmmwv. :)

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
THANK YOU! Got them, easy enough to figure out where to mount this thing. Just do I have the will to start drilling holes.....Or maybe the flexibility under the hmmwv. :)
Could you post the pics? I was also thinking of getting one and installing but not sure if it would interfere with my dual radio tray?

BLK HMMWV

If you already have a tray installed in your truck. Measure 15 1/2" back from the dog house and make a mark that's where the front edge of the platform is Approx.
I have mounted 3 different radio trays in my truck over the years and all of them miss the platform.

BLK HMMWV

I agree with Jake.
I would recommend finding the wood piece as well. Especially if you plan on eventually using one.
Thanks for the link to the G503 post .