• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know how to remove crankshaft drive pulley? help

mm73

I am having to remove the pulley and harmonic balancer to change the main front seal and I have already tried a puller and that just broke the pulley in the back so I have now ordered one from boyce equipment but still need to get the one off so I can change the seal. Thanks for any help

Michael

bryan70546

I am having to remove the pulley and harmonic balancer to change the main front seal and I have already tried a puller and that just broke the pulley in the back so I have now ordered one from boyce equipment but still need to get the one off so I can change the seal. Thanks for any help

Michael
Guess I miss all the fun huh , try soaking it in with something like PB blaster are Kroil and let it sit over night , also be careful not to turn on the crank shaft being a diesel it can still start .Wish I was there to help you out Michael but i am back offshore, Good luck and be careful
Bryan