• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know of any CDN trucks up north ??

m109guy

No, I haven't, but I know what you mean.

As long as you get the trucks to pass a provincial safety check, then they are street legal. Even a Ferret scout car is street legal in Canada as long as you pass the regular safety check.

Condec

JPar I have an M 123A1C over here on the island and never had a problem with ICBC I brought it up from FT LEWIS in 1999 but after the black day in NY I dont think anything ex military can come north, Anybody I talked to say it is impossible . Maybe one of the guys over there can shed some light on it or M109 Might know. I went and looked at a 5 T M54 tractor that a guy bought from Caribou and it was in very nice shape. BUT they paid long dollars for it. The guy is stripping it down for commercial use and I am after the work lites and anything else I can Buy off it

maritimer

my cucv cam up last december throeug ha dealer/importer, by the time i got it i was in the $6k mark
before the safety stuff. another $1000 in stuff needed for safety

Condec

JPar I just went and dug out my pictures Sorry it was an M52A2 tractor-also there was two bridge trucks there that had been dragged out of some old logging camp up the coast. They were (are) in tough shape. Both are gassers ond might run and the other well??? BUT they are for sale as is where is---Feel ambtious

m109guy

JPar I have an M 123A1C over here on the island and never had a problem with ICBC I brought it up from FT LEWIS in 1999 but after the black day in NY I dont think anything ex military can come north, Anybody I talked to say it is impossible . Maybe one of the guys over there can shed some light on it or M109 Might know.
You can import pretty much any military vehicle into Canada from the US as long as it is 25+ years old. I imported my M109A3 and M35A2 from the US with no problems at all. Everyone thinks that you can't do it, but it is doable and quite easy. You just have to do the regular 72hour declaration for exporting a vehicle from the US, then just pay the taxes on the truck when it comes over the border. Once in Canada, you just bring your paperwork (with US title), to the license office and they will transfer it into your name. After that you just have to pass a safety check and you can drive it on the road :-D

Call up Dave at Eastern Surplus in PA, and he will help you out. He is a great guy who is more than happy to help you do what is need to bring one into Canada. He sells trucks to Canadians all the time. You just have to look on his website where it says "Ask us about exporting trucks" right on the front page ;)

Condec

Well thanks for the info 109 Guy, That will sure make the search a little easier knowing that we can still get them up here. I was looking to pick up a M172A1 low-bed to go with the M123 but there isnt a lot of them on the nortern side of the border .

Saw pics of the two MLVWs that sold yesterday's Winnipeg ICAN auction and I'm afraid to say they looked to be in pretty good shape (less missing parts) for trucks sold as scrap. I've seen worse still in service with Militiiia units. Also I've seen one wwith a bed that was all internal shelving and external latch bins running under the bed. If it's still here I'll send pics> next time I go to pick up Lynx parts I'll be sure to strip anything off the trashed MLVW beside them

Smith out

Attachments

Seems they were just a steel disc rim put on to tow it to the bush as the current ones in use were removed . I saw a couple of abandoned 5 tons as well but I think the helo squadron uses them to drop loads into and off of for pilot practice. I had thought about looking closely at them but I was real short on time. Next trip

Smith out

Condec

Thanks for the post Lincoln Welland. They look OK to me there is only a gazillion small parts there. I was lookin for another set of turn signals for the back side of my front fenders--They are a wide load thing and I saw them that way on a M123 at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds and they looked (TRICK). All they did was bolted the guards and turn signal lights on the backside of the front fenders. It would give the clowns that just have to pass you on the left or right a hint that just maybe you have to swing a little wider with overwjdth trucks on corners.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks