• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone know the # of people a deuce is licensed to carry

martinrdb

anyone know the number of people my 1984 AM General was licensed to carry by the manufacturer ?

I need to know this for commercial purposes.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All depends if the people in the back want to go where the truck is going...
When going TO the field, not very many. When coming BACK from the field, they will ALL find a way to cram on the truck.. As told to me my a great Platoon Sergeant

houdel

Don't know of an "official" seating capacity for the rear, but at an average of 24" seating space per passenger and a 12' bed, that would figure out to 6 passengers per side, 12 passengers total.

jodka

Can not comment on whether it will suite your purposes, but TB 9-639 titled "Passenger-Carrying Capacity of Tactical and Adminstrative Vehicles Commonly Used to Transport Personal" gives these numbers:

2 1/2 Ton Cargo Truck - 14
2 1/2 Ton Extended Cargo Body Trucks - 18
2 1/2 Ton Dump Trucks - 10
5 Ton Cargo Trucks - 16
5 Ton Extended Cargo Body Trucks - 20
5 Ton Dump Trucks - 12
5/4 Ton HMMWV Troop Carrier - 8
5/4 Ton HMMWV Cargo/Troop Carrier - 4
5/4 Ton M880, M881, M882 - 8
Semitrailer Personnel Van - 80

It refers the reader to AR 385-55 or the operators manual for vehicles not listed.

I will try to attach a snapshot of TB 9-639 to this post.

martinrdb

thanks everyone - couple of good suggestions. Because I couldn't find this data anywhere official, you details of 12 in the back based on dimensions and the 14 from the TBs (12 in back 2 in front) seems to fit. I'll just have to go with this should I ever get in to trouble with the law.

Martin

FrankUSMC

Speaking of how many will fit....
Has any one seen the series of photos taken during the Korean war that show 3 jeeps going into a village. Next you see smoke coming up from the village. The jeeps had drivin into an ambush. 2 of the jeeps are blown up. The next couple of photos show 1 jeep hauling butt out of the village, with all the crews from the other 2 jeeps! There are guys on the hood just hanging on for dear life, the jeep is covered with soldiers. Great action photos.
One of the few, Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks