• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Know what Serial Number AMGeneral Assigned to the First Production M998?

70deuce

I have M998 serial number 000337 obtained from Ft Carson, CO previously assigned to the 10th Special Forces Group there. Delivery date 2/4/1985. This has to be one of the very early units delivered to the Army. Question is did AMGeneral start at 000000 or some other higher number. Not unusual to do so. I sent an email to them asking same question. No response yet.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited by a moderator:

70deuce

Thanks "Retiredwarhorses". Makes the one I have one of the first M998s built. Picture of it next to to some serious hardware. Separate thread to follow. MVCC was invited to display our vehicles at the grand reopening of the 4th ID Museum at Ft Carson, CO in Colorado Springs.

Attachments

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
300,000 started in 2007. You must have one from the future ! or a non original plate.
Three out of the 14 I've bought since Jan have serial numbers that are not in sync with the pattern. This M1038 was taken to Maine Military Authority for a engine overhaul (among other things) in 2002 and has the same serial number going in as going out....per Tim Corbett...MMA Director. When it came to numbering vehicles, nothing seems to have been set in stone....and 90% of the time I use the regular pattern for dating humvees as you do.

desmodromic

Three out of the 14 I've bought since Jan have serial numbers that are not in sync with the pattern. This M1038 was taken to Maine Military Authority for a engine overhaul (among other things) in 2002 and has the same serial number going in as going out....per Tim Corbett...MMA Director. When it came to numbering vehicles, nothing seems to have been set in stone....and 90% of the time I use the regular pattern for dating humvees as you do.
I would still go with @Action's theory of your HMMWV being from the future. Check for lasers and/or a Mr. Fusion.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I'm in same boat - just purchased a M1045A2 serial # 195648 - can anyone help me out with the year for the SF97?
Gee, might want to read one of the earlier posts. Better act quick before they shut down that thread.

If it was a Army truck you probably can get the info by posting in this thread
2017 vin info thread.

If it was from a different branch of the military that thread won't help .

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gee, might want to read one of the earlier posts. Better act quick before they shut down that thread.

If it was a Army truck you probably can get the info by posting in this thread
2017 vin info thread.

If it was from a different branch of the military that thread won't help .
He updated the rules on that thread and you need more than one post now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks