• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know what this is besides a Square tube fixed Towbar?

3dAngus

Possibility of an aircraft tow. If so, it would be worth some big bucks. Usually they are longer, but there are some specialized short ones out there for specific aircraft. You would be missing the adapter if it is, and probably missing one anyway if not.
Good luck.

Last edited:

rlwm211

I think it is a replacement towbar for a Shelter carrier. I believe the rectangular platform is designed to be on top and carries a spare tire.

Just my best guess

RL

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know it is for a container converter dolly. It looks exactly like the one I parted out. Mine had a 5bolt pattern and was rated to carry 6000lbs. I don't remember the model # sorry.

usmc80

Ok cool, so it goes on a B720 or M720 Mobilizer Dolly. Are they worth anything and can anyone tell me how to get rid of them or where to advertise? I putting them on ebay, but I'm guessing it will be a hard sell.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had clicked on the "more info" link on the GL auction listing, then looked at the end item NSN (2330-00-912-4251), then googled that, you would have known what it is.

Of course, you did see the acquisition cost in the listing too, right?

It's really best to know what something is "worth", before winning it on GL.