• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone know where i can find a stock fuel filter and base from?

ranchhopper

I went with the spin on for my 1008 took the fuel filter base off the stock bracket and bolted a NAPA 4309 base to it so I could use the stock mounting holes on the firewall then went with a NAPA 3123 fuel filter it has a water seperator drain on the bottom it has worked great so far.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you purge that filter setup, when changing the filter?

84cucv1ton

been thinking about a spin on. would think its better too.. what did the napa cost you? hoses go right on and your done?? thanks

Barrman

Depending on the housing you get. Spacing it off the fire wall might be needed. I didn't like mine when bolted to the stock mount because the filter can was just about on the valve cover. So, I removed the stock mount and used a cut off piece of M35 troop seat leg for a spacer to mount the base to the top two holes the stock mount would normally use. Worked out great.

The hose from the mechanical pump to the filter is 3/8" and if your new base has the input on the right when looking at it, that hose is a direct bolt on.

The 1/4" line to the IP is not long enough to reach way over to the left side of the new spin on filter. A new line all the way to the IP is the best way to take care of that. Have fun with that clamp under the manifold.

I had a primable base sitting around I picked up somewhere. My cost was around $40 for a new WIX drainable filter and O-ring style hose barbs. Your cost obviously, will be different.

iamspencer

I might have a bunch of them they're the first thing I take off a 6.2, they always leak and cause starting issues especially in the cold

I run 3/8 inline fuel filter, few dollars at NAPA

Ill pm you if i have them floating around still

Utah CUCV

The spin on sounds great. But what about the wires that go to the original fuel filter base? I keep asking every time I see the spin on filter being discussed. But so far no one has told me what they did about the sensors or whatever all those wires go to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks