• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Looking For Parts?

CapePrep

There at least 2-3 ships that stay parked at Diego Garcia, with just this kind of cargo. Just like we have in Germany, POMCUS. Pre-Positioned equipment, in climate controlled warehouses.
That must be quite the sight to see a warehouse full of battle ready equipment like this. Impressive!

Guyfang

Staff member
Identification, Friend or Foe.

In the early 90's I went to a NATO briefing. All I can say is that it was "General Information" for Non NATO units, and how they would fit into the Order of battle. A young ADA (Air Defense Artillery) Officer was speaking about IFF. The American Pilots were sleeping, playing games and ignoring things, as pilots will sometimes do. One of them spoke out loud, "Yeah, yeah. Identification, Friend or Foe. We understand that! Its our get out of jail free card." The young Major gave a sad smile. He said, "If you fly outside of the assigned Air Corridors, no matter what IFF you squawk, we shoot you down. Than we sort out the parts on the ground to find the friends." About then, all the pilots set up and began to take notes.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Identification, Friend or Foe.

In the early 90's I went to a NATO briefing. All I can say is that it was "General Information" for Non NATO units, and how they would fit into the Order of battle. A young ADA (Air Defense Artillery) Officer was speaking about IFF. The American Pilots were sleeping, playing games and ignoring things, as pilots will sometimes do. One of them spoke out loud, "Yeah, yeah. Identification, Friend or Foe. We understand that! Its our get out of jail free card." The young Major gave a sad smile. He said, "If you fly outside of the assigned Air Corridors, no matter what IFF you squawk, we shoot you down. Than we sort out the parts on the ground to find the friends." About then, all the pilots set up and began to take notes.
Respectfully, I find it impossible to believe the the most elite military people we have are inattentive.

Those I have met are the most detail oriented, anal, and respectable people I have ever met… outside of trauma surgeons.

Guyfang

Staff member
I tried to take a picture from google maps of Meisau Depot, where I worked for 6-7 years outside of Kaiserslautern. There are 15 HUGE climate controlled buildings. Hundreds of vehicles in each one. Then to the west of the main post is lots of woods. In the woods are other things. Its so big, and so "wild" that the post has two hunters to keep the wild pigs, badgers, and deer population down. On the other side of Kaiserslaurtern is several even larger areas.

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks